Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you can still save whenever you want. The autosave feature is just more customizable this time: In Oblivion you basically just had the choice between On and Off. Me? Crashy games have gotten me into the habit of quicksaving every few seconds anyway.

But this part is interesting:

Instead, do you do it via a menu option. You get full life and Magicka by this, so it also becomes a tactical tool.

So you can still skip leveling up, I see...

I would have finished it if it didn't degenerate into a pile of doo-doo aftr you level up and level scaling takes a phat dump on it. :armscrossed:

Yeah... Nothing like getting raped by 5 skeleton champions casting skeleton guardian. 10 level 20 skeletons chasing me through a dungeon.... Still beat them, but it's a huge hassle.

Yeah exactly, I got so sick of not even feeling powerful by the time I was lvl 50 that I just gave up and turned the difficulty down to easy :s.

I just wanted to feel like all that skill grinding had paid off!

Needless to say, Father Bunley aka the 'Messenger of Death' really lived up to his Arena title. Cyrodil would never be the same lol.

Father Bunley

An 80yr old insane Friar with white haired tonsure, complete sadistic grin and 6 pack.

I would have finished it if it didn't degenerate into a pile of doo-doo aftr you level up and level scaling takes a phat dump on it. :armscrossed:

I knew about the leveling when I picked up the game, so when I started out I made the Twink class:

Magic Specialization.

Endurance and Intelligence as favored attributes.

Speechcraft, Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Block, Marksman, Blunt, Hand-to-Hand.

Then played as a pure magic-user. Finished every single quest in the game at level 1.

Edited by Alcrin

I knew about the leveling when I picked up the game, so when I started out I made the Twink class:

Magic Specialization.

Endurance and Intelligence as favored attributes.

Speechcraft, Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Block, Marksman, Blunt, Hand-to-Hand.

Then played as a pure magic-user. Finished every single quest in the game at level 1.

hehe .. "Twink" class

No, you can still save whenever you want. The autosave feature is just more customizable this time: In Oblivion you basically just had the choice between On and Off. Me? Crashy games have gotten me into the habit of quicksaving every few seconds anyway.

But this part is interesting:

Instead, do you do it via a menu option. You get full life and Magicka by this, so it also becomes a tactical tool.

So you can still skip leveling up, I see...

Where in that line does it suggest that you can skip leveling-up?

Oh well that's ok then, I was a little worried there a minute. Thanks!

you no longer level up automatically the moment your skills go up enough. You can choose to wait till the opportune moment and then leveling up. Leveling up during a fight could be a good time to do so, as your health will then be restored in the process. You level up using a menu.

Edited by Opal-Eyed Fan

Because he was talking about how you initiate a level-up. You select the option in a menu. This means you can skip leveling just as before to stay at level 1 the whole game (not as beneficial as before though because the level scaling is much reduced, and you can only get perks through leveling), except you can even sleep while doing it.

Because he was talking about how you initiate a level-up. You select the option in a menu. This means you can skip leveling just as before to stay at level 1 the whole game (not as beneficial as before though because the level scaling is much reduced, and you can only get perks through leveling), except you can even sleep while doing it.

Source?