Skyrim Information

Zaldir

When I say 20 I mean like 20 different videos of the same demo lol. So yeah it's mostly just E3 and Quakecon. But still why would they only show the same boring wilderness? If I were Bethesda I would atleast show some or all of a quest to demonstrate the coveted Radiant Story. After all, that's probably the feature with the most doubt/controversy. I just believe that the more they show, the more we the gamers can criticize, the more that they fix and make a better game. And articles don't necessarily show as much as a video. I still get info from them, but I'd rather see with my own eyes.

F3 used it so we kinda know a bit about how it will work .. I don't think theres any controversy about it unless you don't get the concept .. it randomly selects nearby dungeons and that you haven't been to as well as choosing quest givers based on friendships and location .. simple .. then of course the random encounters .. as far as the world being empty .. I believe its more than safe to say theres no worry .. its the same size as oblivion but theres more stuff and more quests .. they could be lying but that would be an awful lie :P .. as far as hidden cam footage of the pax demos .. well... they were just playing around .. the main story was disabled and most of the players didnt have enough time to find a good quest .. so dont worry

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They said the Strategy Guide will be bigger than FO3 and NV. There are some stuff they couldn't even get it the strategy book because of the Radiant Story makes Quests Non-linear. It doesn't do it for the Main Quest and some others. So with everything of the Radiant Story left out and it is still bigger than the FO3 and NV book that is HUGE.

It's not that they are lying, it's that they could be overselling it. It's pretty much a rule for companies to oversell their product. Remember how they claimed Radiant AI would be ground breaking and perfect for Oblivion? And everyone believed them without seeing any proof (just guessing here I don't know if there was a demo or not). And just because F3 did it doesn't mean that it will be exactly the same or better in Skyrim. What if Bethesda changes it in an attempt to better it, but ultimately failed and made it worse w/o them knowing? Of course they are still gonna oversell it. All I'm saying is that I like it if they back up their claims before the game releases. And I'm only doing all this complaining to balance out everyone elses excitement and cheering. Yes, they said this, they said that, they promised this, they promised that. I want proof before I get excited. I hate getting let down. Edited by Violentguy

It's not that they are lying, it's that they could be overselling it. It's pretty much a rule for companies to oversell their product. Remember how they claimed Radiant AI would be ground breaking and perfect for Oblivion? And everyone believed them without seeing any proof (just guessing here I don't know if there was a demo or not). And just because F3 did it doesn't mean that it will be exactly the same or better in Skyrim. What if Bethesda changes it in an attempt to better it, but ultimately failed and made it worse w/o them knowing? Of course they are still gonna oversell it. All I'm saying is that I like it if they back up their claims before the game releases. And I'm only doing all this complaining to balance out everyone elses excitement and cheering. Yes, they said this, they said that, they promised this, they promised that. I want proof before I get excited. I hate getting let down.

The radiant AI in oblivion was a concept they had early in dev .. they cut that back along with many other things because of the troubles they had with the game .. watch the making of videos .. a lot of the game ended up being chopped but keep in mind they started showing oblivion back before they even started making any quests .. they just had a game engine and some ideas .. skyrim on the other hand was very hush hush till the final year and even then they didnt talk about anything unless they were sure it was in the game .. they have learned from there mistakes

That makes sense. But still overselling is taught in How to Be a Successful Company 101. I'm not sure they need to do it, since pretty much every TESfreak will buy it, but who knows. I'm just more worried about a perfect game cuz I don't have the luxury of mods. Hopefully vanilla won't need them.

That makes sense. But still overselling is taught in How to Be a Successful Company 101. I'm not sure they need to do it, since pretty much every TESfreak will buy it, but who knows. I'm just more worried about a perfect game cuz I don't have the luxury of mods. Hopefully vanilla won't need them.

It's okay, the vanilla version will be absolutely perfect. If it isn't I will send you $100 in the mail :thumbsup:

It's okay, the vanilla version will be absolutely perfect. If it isn't I will send you $100 in the mail :thumbsup:

Haha I'll hold you to it. God knows I shouldn't be spending any more money on games, but Skyrim is special in that I KNOW that i will be playing it for the next 5 years. Unless my xbox breaks, which seems like it could happen any day now. Then I'll really need that $100 lol.

Haha I'll hold you to it. God knows I shouldn't be spending any more money on games, but Skyrim is special in that I KNOW that i will be playing it for the next 5 years. Unless my xbox breaks, which seems like it could happen any day now. Then I'll really need that $100 lol.

Lol I feel your pain, I went through 3 xbox's before I got a ps3 :wallbash:

I went through 3 Xbox's and 4 PS3's. I was one of the unlucky YRoD people. I have had the Slim for awhile and its doing way better than the PS3 slim. Still mad that Only some Slims work with B/C with the PS2 Data but most don't. It gets me angry. PS2's JRPG's were the best.

I went through 3 Xbox's and 4 PS3's. I was one of the unlucky YRoD people. I have had the Slim for awhile and its doing way better than the PS3 slim. Still mad that Only some Slims work with B/C with the PS2 Data but most don't. It gets me angry. PS2's JRPG's were the best.

Yeah I got the 160gb slim and it does indeed suck that it is not backwards compatible :(