Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can´t stand playing any game in first person x), in my opinion it´s so unrealistic
1.) It's a video game.

2.) When in real life can you stare at the back of your head? lol

Edit: Confusing video games with stalking maybe? lol

XD yes it´s a video game and you´r right about point 2, perhaps I should put "unrealistic", it´s just that I like to play in third person, "control" a character but not "being one" if you know what I mean.It´s cool though that elder scrolls have the choice for both people who prefer to play as third person and for first person.

The problems people are finding in the animations seem odd to me .. I mean .. This is TES .. Have you guys been watching the horrid animations over the past entries? .. This is no uncharted or GTAIV animation quality but its ten times better than anything else we have seen from bethesda :P ,, I just feel you are all comparing it to other modern games instead of past bethesda titles .. that goes for more than animation too.

Yeah you are right and it seems its a she D:

@ Mhonolithe

Thanks for posting those vids...though i have mixed feelings about what i saw.

The run animation seems really good, but the combat at the keep was horrible the way it was clunky, pretty much oblivionish :rolleyes:

But this...i dont know ho much the body is editable in terms of muscles and such..but i dont see much improvement from oblivion here ..or is it just me ?

http://i51.tinypic.com/166jg8y.jpg

Disproportional :confused:

Looks better than Oblivion's. At least it isn't a rag this looks more like Nord craftsmanship or whatever. I see many that is picking Dark Souls over Skyrim. I'll pick Skyrim anyday. Just saying they can put more stuff as in animations in Dark Souls than Skyrim. Dark Souls has only 3rd person. That is the main thing it is hard to get it in Harmony if it is both. How do we know what 3rd person looks like in real life? We don't it is just a preference. Still stinks for me as my college courses go past the release date for Skyrim 17 days past it.

XD yes it´s a video game and you´r right about point 2, perhaps I should put "unrealistic", it´s just that I like to play in third person, "control" a character but not "being one" if you know what I mean.It´s cool though that elder scrolls have the choice for both people who prefer to play as third person and for first person.

I prefer 3rd person. That being said, it needs to be built around that. There are many good games that do this. Doesn't seem skyrim is built this way. They just offer a 3rd person option.

1st person is the one and only option for me. Luckily Skyrim true to TES tradition,is built around it.

I'm ok with them offering a 3rd person view on top of that, the odd pc player + the majority of consoleplayers dig that kind of stuff I reckon but at the end of the day, Elderscrolls to me is primarily 1st person games. :thumbsup:

I prefer being the one actually doing the adventuring in 1st person, rather than remote controlling some silly animated avatar through a dungeon making it feel like I'm watching some 3rd rate b-movie. :confused::whistling:

1st person is the one and only option for me. Luckily Skyrim true to TES tradition,is built around it.

I'm ok with them offering a 3rd person view on top of that, the odd pc player + the majority of consoleplayers dig that kind of stuff I reckon but at the end of the day, Elderscrolls to me is primarily 1st person games. :thumbsup:

I prefer being the one actually doing the adventuring in 1st person, rather than remote controlling some silly animated avatar through a dungeon making it feel like I'm watching some 3rd rate b-movie. :confused::whistling:

I prefer combat in first person for sure but Ive always loved seeing my hero wonder around in 3rd .. I love the stylish armors and spending hours on the character creator so I can make my AV look shweet.

Yeah you are right and it seems its a she D:

@ Mhonolithe

Thanks for posting those vids...though i have mixed feelings about what i saw.

The run animation seems really good, but the combat at the keep was horrible the way it was clunky, pretty much oblivionish :rolleyes:

But this...i dont know ho much the body is editable in terms of muscles and such..but i dont see much improvement from oblivion here ..or is it just me ?

http://i51.tinypic.com/166jg8y.jpg

Disproportional :confused:

Looks better than Oblivion's. At least it isn't a rag this looks more like Nord craftsmanship or whatever. I see many that is picking Dark Souls over Skyrim. I'll pick Skyrim anyday. Just saying they can put more stuff as in animations in Dark Souls than Skyrim. Dark Souls has only 3rd person. That is the main thing it is hard to get it in Harmony if it is both. How do we know what 3rd person looks like in real life? We don't it is just a preference. Still stinks for me as my college courses go past the release date for Skyrim 17 days past it.

Yes you are right, i completely forgot about the original vanila...it is improvement indeed.

I would pick skyrim over dark soul aswell..what i dont like about todds lead is that the 3rd person camera is only optional...still though it is improvement i agree.

So far I like the animations in skyrim, I even like the animations in oblivion though my onehand and two hand idle and movement are not the vanilla ones.I´m so looking foward for skyrim, now october it´s my birthday I´ll get dark souls wich will take me the whole month for sure, then it´s november with uncharted 3 taking me time until skyrim :D the wait will not be that painfull XD Edited by scot