Zaldir

hmm, I probably should have checked the OP before posting that video

I know a saying that applies quite nicely to this:

"The more, the merrier!" ;D

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't always follow the concept art as closely as they should, if you look at the concept art of the frost troll he looks much better there than in the official trailer.

Yeah but the city looks nothing like the concept art... I mean, this sucks. The same happened to the cities of Oblivion. You seen the concept? There was a mod that made them more like they should have been, though.

But I think Beth is lazy. They push a mediocre game on markets and let the modders finish the job. This is how it should NOT work. Oblivion was very mediocre game, it lacked in everything, and it took many years for modders to make it a worthy sequel to Morrowind. And yet there are no ways to fix everything; the crappy dialogue, interface, etc.

Edited by Jacars

Yeah but the city looks nothing like the concept art... I mean, this sucks. The same happened to the cities of Oblivion. You seen the concept? There was a mod that made them more like they should have been, though.

But I think Beth is lazy. They push a mediocre game on markets and let the modders finish the job. This is how it should NOT work. Oblivion was very mediocre game, it lacked in everything, and it took many years for modders to make it a worthy sequel to Morrowind. And yet there are no ways to fix everything; the crappy dialogue, interface, etc.

Mediocre? MEDIOCRE?! A little harsh don't ya think?

ok il ask again <.< anything from skyrim today or thats it we saw from skyrim on E3?

I think we've got it all. :/

It's all a matter of opinions. In my opinion, Oblivion was a high-quality game, and not mediocre.

And... Is Bethesda lazy because they make their cities something different than their concepts were? Concept art is just a small indication of how something should look, not the way it necessary will look, and definitely not always the way that looks best. ;)

Well, perhaps lazy isn't the word, but they turned Whiterun from an epic cliff city into a generic copy of Edoras. And Oblivion's concept arts were much more awesome than how they ended up looking in the final game, mostly due to the hardware limits. (Damn you consoles, damn your low memory...)

It is my opinion just as Oblivion's mediocrity. But you have to admit that Oblivion lacked in many ways. I see it as one step further and two backwards. Skyrim seems to do better job, however, if they really can pull off all the features promised. I have a feeling that some things will be removed before the release. They did it with Oblivion too.

But I must admit that I have so far really enjoyed each game by Bethesda I've played. Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, they all have their highs and lows.

I just realized how much Whiterun looks a lot like Edoras.

BAHAHAHA!!! that was the first thing I thought when I saw it. Even down to dragon (horse) heads on the roofs.

Well, perhaps lazy isn't the word, but they turned Whiterun from an epic cliff city into a generic copy of Edoras

how do you know there still isn't a epic cliff of fall-down and die in pieces behind it? it's not like you can see it in the screenshot. :laugh:

also, if there is a cliff, I'm totally riding my horse off of it to escape from the guards whose week's pay I just pinched :tongue:

and edoras had a cliff so why can't whiterun?