Skyrim Information

Zaldir

At first, I was going to say that charging for the oblivion-style fast-travel was a stupid idea because where does the money go? You wouldn't be paying an NPC. I don't like the thought of my gold disappearing into oblivion (pun intended), and would much rather have it be somewhere physical (mainly so I can thieve it back ).

Where does the money go? Last time i checked, you needed food from time to time in real world ;P

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, I was going to say that charging for the oblivion-style fast-travel was a stupid idea because where does the money go? You wouldn't be paying an NPC. I don't like the thought of my gold disappearing into oblivion (pun intended), and would much rather have it be somewhere physical (mainly so I can thieve it back ).

Where does the money go? Last time i checked, you needed food from time to time in real world ;P

I think we have our winner for the Most Irrelevant Reply here.

I think we have our winner for the Most Irrelevant Reply here.

Hahah, classic.

I like the idea that you can't always afford to fast travel. Now you will be able to explore so much more, and not the easy way. There will most certainly be difficult encounters and such blocking your path so you may have to take a different route. Think about it, it becomes so much more realistic. You walk out of a cave, which you just plundered of items, and you notice that you actually don't have enough gold to travel and actually sell your valuable items, so you take out your map and decides which way to go, so you won't get killed on your way.

(And obviously Bethesda chose to make fast-travelling expensive, because they want to show their handywork.)

I like how the wait system worked in morrowind, when s*** might attack you.

It worked like this in Oblivion too, actually. They just wouldn't let you wait if there was anything hostile within 50 miles of you so it very rarely ever mattered.

I like how the wait system worked in morrowind, when s*** might attack you.

It worked like this in Oblivion too, actually. They just wouldn't let you wait if there was anything hostile within 50 miles of you so it very rarely ever mattered.

Well, that system was really unbalanced in Oblivion. You could be running around in a city for instance and still wouldn't be able to fast travel because enemies were nearby. They really need to make this more accurate, honestly.

Oh, by the way, has this been said yet? You can't cast the same spell in different ways. Fireballs, fire streams, fire traps, etc. were all different spells at the quakecon demo.

Plus, you can charge up a fireball by holding down the trigger.

Oh, by the way, has this been said yet? You can't cast the same spell in different ways. Fireballs, fire streams, fire traps, etc. were all different spells at the quakecon demo.

Plus, you can charge up a fireball by holding down the trigger.

um, did you mean to say that you CAN cast the same spell in different ways? I do read you load and clear, but your overall tone is like it is something positive...

Fireball and flamethrower is the same spell, as explained here.

To get the flamethrower, you hold down the trigger. Don't know more about the trap though.

I like that feature, it gets rid of a huge list of spells doing about the same thing. So I don't need to favorite a fireball or a flamethrower, I just need to press or hold the appropriate trigger when fire is equipped. Also for the fire trap, it would seem most logical to me if you just shot it at the ground and it made a symbol saying it was a fire trap.