Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I have read up to page 28 of this post; my internet doesnt play nice since I am in South Africa but let me say this about Skyrim:

What I've read so far sounds (to me) like the Best Game Ever Made in the making. They fixed practically ALL Oblivion's flaws (Oblivion is one of my all-time favourite games but I'm not blind to its faults), like the terrible movement animations, the unrealistic dialogues, the fact that there are NO children in the entirety of Cyrodiil :pinch: the sad combat system (I am downloading the Deadly Reflex mod for Oblivion as I am typing this, having read about it here for the first time!), the terribly linear quests, all of which don't make Oblivion a bad game, just not as great as it could have been. By that I'm saying that I give it a rating of 90% instead of 95%.

I have been anticipating the sequel to Oblivion ever since I finished it 3 years ago and all this info about Skyrim has my head spinning. I am going to BUY this game, as opposed to many South Africans who use a poor economy as an excuse to pirate games the devs actually put effort into creating.

I only have one single gripe about the entire setup and that is the Steam issue. I hate Steam for the fact that I run my PC optimized with as little background applications as possible and Steam is a resource hog (circa Half Life 2 at least). But apart from that...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS AWESOME GAME TO BE RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had to do that :woot:

I am starting Oblivion modding as of tomorrow, I've been putting it off for much too long.

Thanks Bethesda for looking after your fans. Unlike some other companies who Shall Not Be Named...

EDIT: This is my first post even though I have been a member of the TES Nexus for over a year LoL can you people see how excited I am??? :tongue:

Edited by unr3al007

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read up to page 28 of this post; my internet doesnt play nice since I am in South Africa but let me say this about Skyrim:

What I've read so far sounds (to me) like the Best Game Ever Made in the making. They fixed practically ALL Oblivion's flaws (Oblivion is one of my all-time favourite games but I'm not blind to its faults), like the terrible movement animations, the unrealistic dialogues, the fact that there are NO children in the entirety of Cyrodiil :pinch: the sad combat system (I am downloading the Deadly Reflex mod for Oblivion as I am typing this, having read about it here for the first time!), the terribly linear quests, all of which don't make Oblivion a bad game, just not as great as it could have been. By that I'm saying that I give it a rating of 90% instead of 95%.

I have been anticipating the sequel to Oblivion ever since I finished it 3 years ago and all this info about Skyrim has my head spinning. I am going to BUY this game, as opposed to many South Africans who use a poor economy as an excuse to pirate games the devs actually put effort into creating.

I only have one single gripe about the entire setup and that is the Steam issue. I hate Steam for the fact that I run my PC optimized with as little background applications as possible and Steam is a resource hog (circa Half Life 2 at least). But apart from that...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS AWESOME GAME TO BE RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I just had to do that :woot:

I am starting Oblivion modding as of tomorrow, I've been putting it off for much too long.

Thanks Bethesda for looking after your fans. Unlike some other companies who Shall Not Be Named...

EDIT: This is my first post even though I have been a member of the TES Nexus for over a year LoL can you people see how excited I am??? :tongue:

Your enthusiasm is very welcome! Needless to say, I'm equally psyched. My only worry is that with all the new features coming in, new problems besides the ones in Oblivion that have been addressed may pop up. I doubt this will keep it from being an amazing TES game of epic proportions, and in dire times we always have modders!

i remember they first said you would get perks till lvl50 now its lvl70. sounds like you can make some really overpower characters... sweet.

I really like this idea. It's fine to have a challenge sure, but it's also cool to feel badass. If I want more challenge I'll start a new character and add negative handicaps for myself(no armor, crap gear, etc...)

yep i really like this idea, also getting to lvl70 you'll need 700 skill ups. so it wont be easy but ill spend lots of time to make my argonian main a perfect character. something ive done since morrowind. o what fun ill have!!!

I hope that one of the perks lets you jump higher, or run faster now when athletics has been removed. Sure, no need to let us jump or run quite as fast as a maxed out oblivon character, but still, a small increase to the original abilities would be nice.

i asked you where your from just making conversation. i know it wasn't in the right thread, b/c this thread is about skyrim but oh well. so they increased the number of perks to lvl 70. how awesome. i wonder if there is a page anywhere that lists most of the known perks if not all of them?

i remember they first said you would get perks till lvl50 now its lvl70. sounds like you can make some really overpower characters... sweet.

I really like this idea. It's fine to have a challenge sure, but it's also cool to feel badass. If I want more challenge I'll start a new character and add negative handicaps for myself(no armor, crap gear, etc...)

yep i really like this idea, also getting to lvl70 you'll need 700 skill ups. so it wont be easy but ill spend lots of time to make my argonian main a perfect character. something ive done since morrowind. o what fun ill have!!!

You do remember they aren't doing the increase a skill or so 10 times and you level up. They said they are doing the "A skill that goes from level 30 to 31 makes you level faster than say a skill that goes from 18 to 19."

I hope that one of the perks lets you jump higher, or run faster now when athletics has been removed. Sure, no need to let us jump or run quite as fast as a maxed out oblivon character, but still, a small increase to the original abilities would be nice.

The Athletics and Acrobatics skills basically went into Fatigue. I asked Gstaff as well and he said they have. If you seen the Skyrim Quakecon Demo Todd jumps a hundred or so feet down. He had 500 Fatigue if I remember right. It barely damaged him jumping down a lot. Of course you may say he had 999 health. I had 1,500 Health on Oblivion and 100 Acrobatics. Turns out I got damaged more than Todd did in the video jumping off of not even 1/4th of Gnoll mountain which in my eyes was less than Skyrim's height on that tower. So Acrobatics is in. By the way did you see how fast he Sprinted with the 500 Fatigue? It looks like he sprinted faster than the fastest guy in the world which is 29 MPH (46.6 KMH.) So there itself looks like the speed and athletics. Plus all athletics was is Speed plus every mastery level more regen for fatigue while running.

You do remember they aren't doing the increase a skill or so 10 times and you level up. They said they are doing the "A skill that goes from level 30 to 31 makes you level faster than say a skill that goes from 18 to 19."

o yeah forgot, guess it wont take that long to get to 70