Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in that line does it suggest that you can skip leveling-up?

Because he was talking about how you initiate a level-up. You select the option in a menu. This means you can skip leveling just as before to stay at level 1 the whole game (not as beneficial as before though because the level scaling is much reduced, and you can only get perks through leveling), except you can even sleep while doing it.

Source?

Here also:

http://www.pressfire.no/spesialer/GamesCom-11/3833/Skyrim-er-snart-ferdig

quoted by google translation

"A welcome change is that now you do not need to lie down to sleep when you've gone up in level, but only press in on the possible upgrades in the menu when the "ding".

- This also gives you full life, mana and stamina, explains Hines as he struggles against three nekromansere who is about to kill him.

- So if you are a bit tactical on you so do it when you have little life during a battle."

Yes, I saw that, considering it's on the same page.And I don't see the word initiate or anything that implies that you aren't forced to level-up like Fallout 3's leveling.

"A welcome change is that now you do not need to lie down to sleep when you've gone up in level, but only press in on the possible upgrades in the menu when the "ding".

- This also gives you full life, mana and stamina, explains Hines as he struggles against three nekromansere who is about to kill him.

- So if you are a bit tactical on you so do it when you have little life during a battle."

All this tells me is that the leveling is done immediately, instead of the player having to rest in a bed.Doesn't necessarily mean you're allowed to exit out of the level-up menu.I would prefer that you were able to hold off on leveling, especially since I like to take things slowly with leveling, but I don't see where it says this or suggests it heavily enough to confirm it.Methinks someone should ask Pete Hines, as this is getting confusing, and I don't know how to use Twitter.

Seems to me at least that Pete Hines stated that you can use leveling tactically during a fight somehow.

quote from article

"This also gives you full life, mana and stamina, explains Hines as he struggles against three nekromansere who is about to kill him.

- So if you are a bit tactical on you so do it when you have little life during a battle.

That's what he does, and after a little sword against some heads his Orc stands victorious.

"

on another note, here's another small google translated quote, also from the pressfire.no preview:

"The menu system, which has already been overhauled, it turned to be even more helpful with the inclusion of a small triangle at the best weapons or the best protection you have in each class. Then you can trawl through all you have to compare the shinguards to see which one of the four pairs you have that provide the best protection.

You can also equip your weapons and items directly from the loot screen after you have taken someones life, so you do not have to enter the menus to find things you've just picked up Smart!"

Edited by Opal-Eyed Fan

it's impossible to complete every question in oblivion at level one, because many quests require you to be a higher level..

*did anyone notice that the female cats necks looked a little strange. a little long and narrow in relation with their heads?

Yea .. all they said is that you can save up your skill points and not spend them .. didnt say a thing about avoiding leveling

No no, that's perk points. You can save your perks for later if you want, but your skills increase as soon as you get that "your X skill as increased" message. Don't go into the level-up menu (it doesn't sound like it automatically pops up when you meet the new requirements) and you can increase your skills as high as you want without the enemies getting stronger.

it's impossible to complete every question in oblivion at level one, because many quests require you to be a higher level..

*did anyone notice that the female cats necks looked a little strange. a little long and narrow in relation with their heads?

The kahjiit have a fur layer to cover the neck seem "smart move" and it looks like with the females they made it poof out a bit midway through the neck .. looks weird at that angle they show but I bet it looks fine in game .. just a fluff of fur

Alcrin .. Oops.. your right .. I meant perks

Edited by jedimembrain

Only the daedric quests, and if I remember correctly I used the console to start those. The quests that require sleeping weren't a problem because I was only using my minor skills.

The male/female neck differences are the same for every race. I get the point of consistency but it looks really, really wrong on Khajit and Argonians.