Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we just needs pics to know what they look like... Hopefully they won't be quite as ugly as in oblivion (of course, I don't want them to sparkle in the sun either...)

PLEASE PLEASE! I hate that becoming a vampire in Oblivion turns you into some old freak. I would rather look more like a ghoul as you get more vamperism, then get all wrinkly and old looking. You're a vampire! Why would you get "older" looking lol.

what's wrong with wrinkly? lol you got something against old people? lol

My impression of vampires is that they aren't supposed to age, it would actually make more sense if they looked younger if anything. I wouldn't mind it if one was turned into something like a nosferato from vampire the masquerade: bloodlines though,,,,

what's wrong with wrinkly? lol you got something against old people? lol

My impression of vampires is that they aren't supposed to age, it would actually make more sense if they looked younger if anything. I wouldn't mind it if one was turned into something like a nosferato from vampire the masquerade: bloodlines though,,,,

Isn't it supposed to be that a vampire stays the same age he was when we was turned?Like a vampire who was turned at 80 years old would continue to look like an 80 year old.That seems to quite common, actually, in most vampire fiction.

Isn't it supposed to be that a vampire stays the same age he was when we was turned?Like a vampire who was turned at 80 years old would continue to look like an 80 year old.That seems to quite common, actually, in most vampire fiction.

The thing about fictional creatures is they're often redefined to meet the needs of the narrative or even just the author's aesthetic whims. For example, Bram Stoker's original Dracula could survive perfectly well in daylight.

I think what they tried to do in Oblivion is give them more of a decrepit, terrifying appearance that instead made them look old to some (or most) people. I didn't mind it and have had 3-4 different vamp characters (one of which was an Argonian!). Typical D&D vampires can give the illusion of beauty until they decide to reveal their true, ugly faces. Those disturbing and terrifying vampires are the kind I like. As far as other various vamp lore goes, they typically make it where the vamps appearance remains the same as when they were first turned (preserved by dark magic?), rather than them for some reason looking younger. This isn't usual in popular modern vampire media (which sucks, it twists ones perception of what these originally scary creatures were) as far as I can tell, but I hope that changes. This is just my experience and view on vampire mythology, though. Edited by AltreU