Skyrim Information

Zaldir

What will this 40 minute demo video contain? I sure as hell am going to download it  :woot: 

Anyone know who Bethesda is working with on the game engine? Just wondering if it's AMD or nVidia; I'm running an HD4850 myself and hope it will run Skyrim properly  :armscrossed: I couldn't carry the financial burden of buying the game AND a new graphics card :ohdear: if it isn't going to run well I guess I'm stuck playing at minimum detail until I get back into the world of working people. Also, never mind the GPU, what about CPU constraints??? I'm running a 3GHz dualcore... I hope THAT will be enough lol any requirements leaked yet?

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will this 40 minute demo video contain? I sure as hell am going to download it :woot:

Anyone know who Bethesda is working with on the game engine? Just wondering if it's AMD or nVidia; I'm running an HD4850 myself and hope it will run Skyrim properly :armscrossed: I couldn't carry the financial burden of buying the game AND a new graphics card :ohdear: if it isn't going to run well I guess I'm stuck playing at minimum detail until I get back into the world of working people. Also, never mind the GPU, what about CPU constraints??? I'm running a 3GHz dualcore... I hope THAT will be enough lol any requirements leaked yet?

No one knows yet about any of that Probably Nvidia but that doesn't mean the AMD can't handle it. I don't think it has much limits. Sure there are Video cards it doesn't support but of the ones I checked Bethesda games handled more than 95%.

What will this 40 minute demo video contain? I sure as hell am going to download it  :woot: 

Anyone know who Bethesda is working with on the game engine? Just wondering if it's AMD or nVidia; I'm running an HD4850 myself and hope it will run Skyrim properly  :armscrossed: I couldn't carry the financial burden of buying the game AND a new graphics card :ohdear: if it isn't going to run well I guess I'm stuck playing at minimum detail until I get back into the world of working people. Also, never mind the GPU, what about CPU constraints??? I'm running a 3GHz dualcore... I hope THAT will be enough lol any requirements leaked yet?

Honestly, I think you're fine. That's a good card and there's no way that GPU support would be top-heavy towards nVidia or ATI. A 3 GHz dual-core is decent too, I myself have a Q6600 quad-core @ 2.40 GHz each and it runs most games fine with my 2 GBs of DDR2 RAM (yeah, I know I should double that haha) and my nVidia 8800GTX 640 MB video card.

But oddly enough, while I can run most semi-high-end games pretty well, I can't seem to run Minecraft very well. Java very quickly racks up the RAM usage and crashes, so I can only play 20 minutes at a time about before I have to close and restart. Yet I can run Mass Effect 2 or Fallout: New Vegas, for example, at totally maxed settings.

So...here's to hoping my PC is sufficient to play Skyrim at at least decent settings.

What will this 40 minute demo video contain? I sure as hell am going to download it :woot:

Anyone know who Bethesda is working with on the game engine? Just wondering if it's AMD or nVidia; I'm running an HD4850 myself and hope it will run Skyrim properly :armscrossed: I couldn't carry the financial burden of buying the game AND a new graphics card :ohdear: if it isn't going to run well I guess I'm stuck playing at minimum detail until I get back into the world of working people. Also, never mind the GPU, what about CPU constraints??? I'm running a 3GHz dualcore... I hope THAT will be enough lol any requirements leaked yet?

Honestly, I think you're fine. That's a good card and there's no way that GPU support would be top-heavy towards nVidia or ATI. A 3 GHz dual-core is decent too, I myself have a Q6600 quad-core @ 2.40 GHz each and it runs most games fine with my 2 GBs of DDR2 RAM (yeah, I know I should double that haha) and my nVidia 8800GTX 640 MB video card.

But oddly enough, while I can run most semi-high-end games pretty well, I can't seem to run Minecraft very well. Java very quickly racks up the RAM usage and crashes, so I can only play 20 minutes at a time about before I have to close and restart. Yet I can run Mass Effect 2 or Fallout: New Vegas, for example, at totally maxed settings.

So...here's to hoping my PC is sufficient to play Skyrim at at least decent settings.

How bout Mass Effect 1? I have a Quad core 3.07 GHZ 2GB Video Ram and 12GB of RAM. The video card adds 4 more cores so I have a total of 8. Still I can run Minecraft fine (It gets laggy only when I use that fly cheat and put too high of a number and I go miles away from where I was.) Minecraft wouldn't be demanding if it wasn't as big as it is. That is its downfall. Still Mass Effect 1 lags a lot when I get to Seriph (Think that is the boss's name.) It lags greatly. Gamestop told me it was the Unreal 3 Engine causing everything to load at once even from places I'm not at. My 360 does it too, but I guess I just notice Lag too easily but that is everywhere it lags. My friend doesn't notice Demon's Souls or DA2 Lag on the PS3 but I notice it. It's very odd.

How bout Mass Effect 1? I have a Quad core 3.07 GHZ 2GB Video Ram and 12GB of RAM. The video card adds 4 more cores so I have a total of 8. Still I can run Minecraft fine (It gets laggy only when I use that fly cheat and put too high of a number and I go miles away from where I was.) Minecraft wouldn't be demanding if it wasn't as big as it is. That is its downfall. Still Mass Effect 1 lags a lot when I get to Seriph (Think that is the boss's name.) It lags greatly. Gamestop told me it was the Unreal 3 Engine causing everything to load at once even from places I'm not at. My 360 does it too, but I guess I just notice Lag too easily but that is everywhere it lags. My friend doesn't notice Demon's Souls or DA2 Lag on the PS3 but I notice it. It's very odd.

Maybe noticing lag is your superpower. :thumbsup: But you're thinking of (spoiler alert!) Saren, I never noticed lag. I think it depends on the PC's build/parts. Or I don't have your keen sense, or don't remember. In any case, ME1 ran like a champ, and what a game. I really wish Bethesda had the awesome storytelling ability and mindset like Bioware has had with at least the Mass Effect games.

And Minecraft...I think it runs poorly largely because it's built on the Java Platform, and the thing is utter crap. Talk about serious limitations, that's why almost no games are built on it still.

Is anyone else worried at all about the lack of things to do in Skyrim? Most of the demos and videos have been shot in the same outdoor place, and idk to me it looks kinda empty. To be sure, I know that they don't want to reveal too much by showing everything, but a walk down one of the major cities wouldn't be too revealing. At this point all I've seen so far is dungeon diving, dragon killing, and frolicking through the woods. And I've seen about 20 different videos. Idk this is just my concern. Don't let me ruin your fun.

Is anyone else worried at all about the lack of things to do in Skyrim? Most of the demos and videos have been shot in the same outdoor place, and idk to me it looks kinda empty. To be sure, I know that they don't want to reveal too much by showing everything, but a walk down one of the major cities wouldn't be too revealing. At this point all I've seen so far is dungeon diving, dragon killing, and frolicking through the woods. And I've seen about 20 different videos. Idk this is just my concern. Don't let me ruin your fun.

Theres only one demo out .. as far as lack of stuff I doubt it .. they say there are more quests than oblivion plus all the random encounters like fallout 3 had .. the game will be packed .. 20 videos? lols.. lie .. sorry .. there arnt that many videos

It's not so much in the videos, ignore those. It's in the articles, such as the journalist's hands-on demos. Tons of articles detail that the game is about as big as Oblivion (map size) but more dense than it, tons more to do, tons more going on. No need to worry. :D

When I say 20 I mean like 20 different videos of the same demo lol. So yeah it's mostly just E3 and Quakecon. But still why would they only show the same boring wilderness? If I were Bethesda I would atleast show some or all of a quest to demonstrate the coveted Radiant Story. After all, that's probably the feature with the most doubt/controversy. I just believe that the more they show, the more we the gamers can criticize, the more that they fix and make a better game. And articles don't necessarily show as much as a video. I still get info from them, but I'd rather see with my own eyes.