Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 more Voice Actors Michael Mack Rumored Redguard Male. And Gideon Emery (Unknown)

Woooo new info and no more PC requirements :) You are a savior

Since we are talking about skyrim pc requirements I have 4 RAM but 3.25 usable, I´ve been checking the can you run it site and all games work extremel fine since I updated my computer completely the only thing that a few games say it needs more is the RAM, you guys think skyrim will need more?I´ll probably update my RAM to 12 GB or a bit less depending on the money but the more the better for me XD

I'm going to assume you're running Windows, and a 32-bit version at that since only 3.25 GBs is recognized. Be advised that if you continue to stack more RAM on, your computer will never recognize it unless you install a 64-bit copy of Windows (this architecture allows Windows to use 4+ GBs of RAM). In other words, until you replace your current version of Windows with 64-bit, you'll never be able to use more than what you are using now.

I for one thing 3.25GB of RAM could be just fine.

Since we are talking about skyrim pc requirements I have 4 RAM but 3.25 usable, I´ve been checking the can you run it site and all games work extremel fine since I updated my computer completely the only thing that a few games say it needs more is the RAM, you guys think skyrim will need more?I´ll probably update my RAM to 12 GB or a bit less depending on the money but the more the better for me XD

I'm going to assume you're running Windows, and a 32-bit version at that since only 3.25 GBs is recognized. Be advised that if you continue to stack more RAM on, your computer will never recognize it unless you install a 64-bit copy of Windows (this architecture allows Windows to use 4+ GBs of RAM). In other words, until you replace your current version of Windows with 64-bit, you'll never be able to use more than what you are using now.

Isn´t there problems with 64-bit version of windows and games?I have 32-bits and if I upgrade my ram to 12 GB only it will still be the same?

Isn´t there problems with 64-bit version of windows and games?I have 32-bits and if I upgrade my ram to 12 GB only it will still be the same?

There could be problems with 64-bit Windows and games, but I don't know of any. Might just be hearsay anyway. So to repeat though...don't even bother adding any more RAM to you PC unless you upgrade to 64-bit. It will be wasted and unrecognized.

EDIT: And I'd recommend that if you have any more questions or anything PC-related, go ahead and continue further questions to this thread since it's applicable, this thread we're in is right now really about information on Skyrim, not PCs.

Edited by natelovesyou

There could be problems with 64-bit Windows and games, but I don't know of any. Might just be hearsay anyway. So to repeat though...don't even bother adding any more RAM to you PC unless you upgrade to 64-bit. It will be wasted and unrecognized.

EDIT: And I'd recommend that if you have any more questions or anything PC-related, go ahead and continue further questions to this thread since it's applicable, this thread we're in is right now really about information on Skyrim, not PCs.

I know but since we were talking about the requirements I was just wonder about if my RAM was ok.Thank you for you´r help I´ll wait for skyrim requirements and then see what to do.

I haven't seen this posted yet:

GameSpy Skyrim Preview

Nothing terribly new or exciting, but it does function as a nice, long list of features for newbies that don't want to glean it from a million different sources.

:D I hadnt seen the map before.

I have actually been updating the thread quite a lot lately, but I am a lazy person, so I sometimes don't bother to edit the "new" section... :P

Sorry about that.

But I'll add the two voice actors later today - at school now.^^