Skyrim Information

Zaldir

I dunno, I think the power of theme shouldn't be underestimated. It colors our entire interpretation of the experience. I, for example, can't stand war shooters regardless of the mechanics. But if you took Call of Duty and replaced guns with spells and russians/nazis with demons/goblins, I'd probably love it.

At least someone else thinks like me. I like games like halo or more recently Deus ex 3, but can't stand COD and BF. It's not that they are bad games, it's just that they are war games. Something unwholesome about it.

In the end it's personal experience. I'd probably enjoy them more if they were suited to my tastes. I don't mean to generalize either. Everyone likes what they like for their own reasons. I just wish people I knew were more open minded to a game like Skyrim. It's not any one part that makes the game good, it's the sum of all it's parts. Just thinking about gathering loot and looking at it, fighting monsters and trying new techniques is enough to give me goose bumps.

Edit: In the end I'm what I would consider a well rounded gamer. I play almost every genre(well not RTS, not enough of me physically interacting with the game), and try to stay open minded. Like anyone I have opinions that clash, and because I know something about anything I'm biased.

Edited by SHIROryuu

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather stop thinking about Modern war and think about Future war and past war. First for future war we don't have it. Fallout ie. Well you know what they say. "Today's Supercomputer's are tomorrow's PCs" and they can be inserted with a lot of things instead of computers. Then Past war I'm talking about swords and stuff not medieval times were stuff wasn't really the magic we have in TES or whatever it was trickery. If I want to think about Modern War I just turn on the TV it is as simple as that. And it is downright depressing because it is real. Games like Battlefield and stuff make more people think about it then past and future stuff. In reality I think guns are wimpy yes there is recoil and stuff. But when it comes to swords its harder to master. Had a Kukri one time and accidently did the wrong stance and almost got my leg off true story. I had 300 push-ups after that. I don't mind Rage though. Id Software's FPS are awesome and are practically close to TES in the value of the game. I would pay $200 for both regular discs.

As for TES fans I basically made over 10 of my school fans TES fans. My teacher plays Fallout 3 and Oblivion and is getting Skyrim. Two actually. Luckily I went to a Private THS. All the Teachers were funny and nice. My Art teacher played on the PS3 and played a lot of Uncharted. My Social Skills teacher played a lot of Fallout 3 and Oblivion and was just downright a long time Gamer. And more.

School can be entertaining if you make it. I mean in college I get to fix a friends laptop. I am doing it for free though. It is fun work. I love taking things apart and putting them back together. A tip. Don't take apart your PS3 to clean the dust out. I had a problem and noticed there was dust everywhere inside it cleaned it out and it is pretty much impossible to put it back together if you take it apart. It was a month old and when I tried to put it back together it wouldn't clip in right where the Discs go. Sucks that dust pretty much goes everywhere and if it is electronic with a warranty you void it when you open it. I mean seriously come on Dust is bad around it and they won't clean out the dust for you so you might as well void it or get a new one.

By the way has anyone seen the Nord Bronze Statues yet in a Store near you?

If I want to think about Modern War I just turn on the TV it is as simple as that
Yes this is true, but there is also the relation factor. People can relate to that so they are interested. It's sad and unfair, but the world works in this way. It will for as long as we exist.

Back on topic. I like the lock picking. Locks look a little too modern, but of course it is 200 years after Oblivion so... I love how colourful everything is now. Even caves have a distinct personality. None of this brown/grey dim lit torture chambers lol.

Edited by SHIROryuu

If I want to think about Modern War I just turn on the TV it is as simple as that
Yes this is true, but there is also the relation factor. People can relate to that so they are interested. It's sad and unfair, but the world works in this way. It will for as long as we exist.

Back on topic. I like the lock picking. Locks look a little too modern, but of course it is 200 years after Oblivion so... I love how colourful everything is now. Even caves have a distinct personality. None of this brown/grey dim lit torture chambers lol.

Something that troubles me is after 200 years the weapons didn´t evolve at all XD I mean there were crossbows in morrowind now there should be guns.Still I choose a blade over any other kind of weapon unless I have no choice.

Eh, Medieval Stasis is incredibly common to fantasy, and TES is no exception.

But isn't that the whole point? Video games are fantasy. Take us out of day to day life. Work, stress, friends, family. All of it melted away by fantasy. Something that for most people doesn't draw them away from reality, but relaxes so you don't go insane lol.

But isn't that the whole point? Video games are fantasy. Take us out of day to day life. Work, stress, friends, family. All of it melted away by fantasy. Something that for most people doesn't draw them away from reality, but relaxes so you don't go insane lol.

That's true, but I was referring to "fantasy" in the more specific sense of a genre. You know, paladins and wizards and elves and stuff. In this genre it's so ridiculously common that places stay at exactly the same technology level for thousands of years it's not really worth your time to bother questioning it.