Skyrim Information

Zaldir

The E3 demo was given dozens of times over at E3 .. There were tons of E3 Demos .. The footage that was shown on TV shows and websites was just edited footage taken from version showings just like the Demo they released last monday :P .. it really doesn't matter though .. Not to spoil your fun of finding .. But its all real footage and in game .. its just taken from different demos .. Doesn't spoil the game at all and the footage is still totally legit .. They already explained which parts were scripted .. Dragon entrances for example .. How the dragon came and picked up the giant was scripted in to show it off .. they can do that in the game though the chances of them coming in while your fighting a giant are 1/100 or so and they wanted to show off some of the weird things that can happen.

:happy: the video everybody showed from E3 (here's an example http://youtu.be/ic6dKnv3WdU) was not something they threw together during E3, that video was made before E3 believe me. :)

When you're selling a game of this magnitude, you leave nothing to chance. You have a meeting between marketing and developers and then decide what scenes to shoot, what you want your audience to see, and then you record the scenes, over and over till you get the result you're after.

Taking into account the high level of marketing skills Bethesda has shown previously, it's a safe bet that the marketing strategy for Skyrim 2011 was pretty much decided on last year.

What time and where to reveal the game, how much and what kind of new info to release for every single month up until release has been carefully plotted on their marketing calendar. They run a tight schedule and they stick to it.

They made one long video of the game early on. Making more scenes later or editing further later, would be a waste of resources needed elsewhere, save adding the voice over audio.

Another safe bet is they have already made release trailers that will lead up to 11.11.11, they probably finished making them before summer. They know marketing well. The execution of their twitter strategy is also impressive, :thumbsup:

The demo they released last monday, is the E3 video. And we get to see a few minutes more of it this time than we did last time.

The E3 demo behind closed doors which was 30 minutes long, matched the content of 20+min video that Bethesda had made. However if they had shown the entire video to everyone at E3, there would've been no point in the behind closed doors demo. :tongue: So they edited out a few things.

At quakecon they demoed Skyrim live, and some animal captured it and published it of course, which were against the wishes of Bethesda, who were planning on releasing the full E3 video later.

The good thing about the quakcon vid is that it shows a few things that the E3 video do not.

Like fish jumping upstream and the giant spider's long range attack which appears to be spitting. ( I wonder if they were inspired by the thief series where spiders would spit cobweb at you and you would get stuck in cobweb for a while).

:D

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The E3 demo was given dozens of times over at E3 .. There were tons of E3 Demos .. The footage that was shown on TV shows and websites was just edited footage taken from version showings just like the Demo they released last monday :P .. it really doesn't matter though .. Not to spoil your fun of finding .. But its all real footage and in game .. its just taken from different demos .. Doesn't spoil the game at all and the footage is still totally legit .. They already explained which parts were scripted .. Dragon entrances for example .. How the dragon came and picked up the giant was scripted in to show it off .. they can do that in the game though the chances of them coming in while your fighting a giant are 1/100 or so and they wanted to show off some of the weird things that can happen.

:happy: the video everybody showed from E3 (here's an example http://youtu.be/ic6dKnv3WdU) was not something they threw together during E3, that video was made before E3 believe me. :)

When you're selling a game of this magnitude, you leave nothing to chance. You have a meeting between marketing and developers and then decide what scenes to shoot, what you want your audience to see, and then you record the scenes, over and over till you get the result you're after.

Taking into account the high level of marketing skills Bethesda has shown previously, it's a safe bet that the marketing strategy for Skyrim 2011 was pretty much decided on last year.

What time and where to reveal the game, how much and what kind of new info to release for every single month up until release has been carefully plotted on their marketing calendar. They run a tight schedule and they stick to it.

They made one long video of the game early on. Making more scenes later or editing further later, would be a waste of resources needed elsewhere, save adding the voice over audio.

Another safe bet is they have already made release trailers that will lead up to 11.11.11, they probably finished making them before summer. They know marketing well. The execution of their twitter strategy is also impressive, :thumbsup:

The demo they released last monday, is the E3 video. And we get to see a few minutes more of it this time than we did last time.

The E3 demo behind closed doors which was 30 minutes long, matched the content of 20+min video that Bethesda had made. However if they had shown the entire video to everyone at E3, there would've been no point in the behind closed doors demo. :tongue: So they edited out a few things.

At quakecon they demoed Skyrim live, and some animal captured it and published it of course, which were against the wishes of Bethesda, who were planning on releasing the full E3 video later.

The good thing about the quakcon vid is that it shows a few things that the E3 video do not.

Like fish jumping upstream and the giant spider's long range attack which appears to be spitting. ( I wonder if they were inspired by the thief series where spiders would spit cobweb at you and you would get stuck in cobweb for a while).

:D

Your mostly right but assmuing a lot :P .. the E3 Demo was live and a few reporters even snuck in twice and saw it was a little different .. one was the tubby guy from distructoid <_< no I don't know his name lol .. The footage they showed on G4 and GTTV may have been made before hand to avoid glitches but the E3 demo was live.

Maybe we won't be able to just buy the ultimate house in this game... maybe we'll have to build it... WITH THE BONES OF TEN THOUSAND DRAGONS!?

YES! THAT IS MY GOAL AS DOVAHKIIN!

My character-"Yeah, I saved the lands from bandits, giant spiders, undead legions, mudcrabs, dogs, cats, children, and dragons. What of it? I don't need riches, I don't want women. All I want is the bones left over from my kills and a plot of land."

Important story guy-"Such a humble hero to ask for so little after this fiasco! Tell us, what will you do with these dragon bones? Make the ultimate weapon that can defeat any foe? Or perhaps impenetrable armor which can defend against even the gods?"

My character-"....Ha, such things even still are meaningless to me. All I want is....to make a house.... OUT OF THE CARCASSES OF DRAGONS!"

Edited by AltreU

Hello, TESNexus community,

My name is Yong, and recently I have started to cover the highly anticipated video game, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I have been doing so via YouTube, and I have released a video series known as the "What We Know So Far" series for Skyrim. There is essentially a main menu with links to various videos that will contain information of various categories. This video literally acts like a DVD menu, in which people can select which videos to watch. I am posting this here so that the TESNexus community can take a look at it. I have searched on YouTube for some good video commentaries on Skyrim news, and to be honest, there aren't many good ones out there. Most information is also compiled in text, which can get rather boring.

I have compiled literally every bit of information that is known about Skyrim and compacted it in a neat little package that is my "What We Know So Far" series. The following video is the root menu of this series, which contains links to other videos and sites.

MAIN MENU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZzADxVZP50&feature=channel_video_title

I have released 2 of 8 videos of this series so far, "Story and Customization" and "Setting and NPCs". I will be releasing a new video every 2 days, and each video will cover a different subject, so make sure to be constantly checking the main menu. My personal channel is called "yongaiming", and I have actually partnered myself with major gaming networks TGN and Ruin Gaming to provide Skyrim content. I wanted to share these videos with you guys in case you guys are interested in finding out great Skyrim information in a more interactive and fun way. I hope you will give your opinion on the videos and I hope you will discuss about Skyrim. I am very active with my videos so make sure to comment and ask questions and I will try to get back to you. Also rest assured that we will be doing reviews and features for the game, and we will even begin to cover mods once the game releases

I hope you enjoy the videos and I hope you will look forward to more of my Skyrim videos and content. I also hope these videos turn out to be relevant to you guys. Thank you for your attention! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please be sure to let me know and I would be happy to get back to you.

-Yong from yongaiming

Maybe we won't be able to just buy the ultimate house in this game... maybe we'll have to build it... WITH THE BONES OF TEN THOUSAND DRAGONS!?

YES! THAT IS MY GOAL AS DOVAHKIIN!

My character-"Yeah, I saved the lands from bandits, giant spiders, undead legions, mudcrabs, dogs, cats, children, and dragons. What of it? I don't need riches, I don't want women. All I want is the bones left over from my kills and a plot of land."

Important story guy-"Such a humble hero to ask for so little after this fiasco! Tell us, what will you do with these dragon bones? Make the ultimate weapon that can defeat any foe? Or perhaps impenetrable armor which can defend against even the gods?"

My character-"....Ha, such things even still are meaningless to me. All I want is....to make a house.... OUT OF THE CARCASSES OF DRAGONS!"

First Skyrim FOTM anyone? :P