Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody! I just got a new job and have been working non-stop, so I don't know what's happened and I don't have time to catch up, but does anybody know anything about system requirements yet? Trying to build a computer for my brother, and he's got a limited budget. I'm trying to get my dad to stretch it a little, but he won't budge without knowing what the game requires :wallbash:

Zaldir, if you could post anything you may know about system requirements in the info post that would be great, if there isn't anything concrete don't worry about it :)

I´m allways checking the "can you run it?" site, they add new games right when the official requirements are out.And it´s a good way to see what it´s needed if you don´t have enough.

Hey mate, I know there's nothing official been released yet, but I think in an interview it was mentioned that if you can run oblivion on high settings you should be able to run Skyrim.

There's been plenty of speculation.

http://www.systemrequirements.in/system-requirements-for-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim.html

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=625&game=The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20V

Hi everybody! I just got a new job and have been working non-stop, so I don't know what's happened and I don't have time to catch up, but does anybody know anything about system requirements yet? Trying to build a computer for my brother, and he's got a limited budget. I'm trying to get my dad to stretch it a little, but he won't budge without knowing what the game requires :wallbash:

Zaldir, if you could post anything you may know about system requirements in the info post that would be great, if there isn't anything concrete don't worry about it :)

I´m allways checking the "can you run it?" site, they add new games right when the official requirements are out.And it´s a good way to see what it´s needed if you don´t have enough.

Hey mate, I know there's nothing official been released yet, but I think in an interview it was mentioned that if you can run oblivion on high settings you should be able to run Skyrim.

http://www.systemrequirements.in/system-requirements-for-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim.html

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=625&game=The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20V

If you can max out oblivion I KNOW you can run skyrim flawlessly .. Oblivion was a poor PC port to say the least .. Even on consoles the game stutters in the open world .. F3 was made by a much bigger and more talented team "though on a much shorter time span" and it ran much smoother because of it .. Skyrim will be the same .. There is no way it will require a monster PC unless they give the PC version a LOT more graphics options... I just wan't to be perfectly clear to people .. Oblivion was not very well optimised and very rushed .. Skyrim will run better .. I have no doubts.

Edit: and again .. Keep in mind its a console game ported to the PC .. To run it on console settings it will only take a PC equal to a 360 .. which really isn't that powerful .. The 360 GPU would be seen as a low end GPU to the PC crowd.

Edited by jedimembrain

My only problem is my RAM, I have 4 but since I use 32-bit it only allows to use 3.5, my oblivion with mods uses a lot of RAM, the rest of my computer are really good as I update them to be even better than a "ps4" XD it runs all games with no problems, only a few complain about my RAM in the "can you run it?" site, although I can play witcher 2 with everything on the highest settings and the witcher 2 was one of the games that said I needed more RAM XD Hope skyrim works just fine.

My only problem is my RAM, I have 4 but since I use 32-bit it only allows to use 3.5, my oblivion with mods uses a lot of RAM, the rest of my computer are really good as I update them to be even better than a "ps4" XD it runs all games with no problems, only a few complain about my RAM in the "can you run it?" site, although I can play witcher 2 with everything on the highest settings and the witcher 2 was one of the games that said I needed more RAM XD Hope skyrim works just fine.

RAM is really just short term memory .. What your rendering actively on screen is held by RAM .. so if you have more than 2 Gigs you have more than enough for sure .. People who like to have 8 Gigs are nuts .. those people are multitaskers and normally running multiple monitors on the same tower with torrents and god knows what else .. 4Gigs is by far enough to handle any game on the market and that goes for 3.5 as well... I mean .. the 360 RAM is 512mb .. You will be fine :P

http://www.systemreq...s-v-skyrim.html

http://www.game-deba...r%20Scrolls%20V

If you can max out oblivion I KNOW you can run skyrim flawlessly .. Oblivion was a poor PC port to say the least .. Even on consoles the game stutters in the open world .. F3 was made by a much bigger and more talented team "though on a much shorter time span" and it ran much smoother because of it .. Skyrim will be the same .. There is no way it will require a monster PC unless they give the PC version a LOT more graphics options... I just wan't to be perfectly clear to people .. Oblivion was not very well optimised and very rushed .. Skyrim will run better .. I have no doubts.

Edit: and again .. Keep in mind its a console game ported to the PC .. To run it on console settings it will only take a PC equal to a 360 .. which really isn't that powerful .. The 360 GPU would be seen as a low end GPU to the PC crowd.

It wasn't a PC port, many seem to get that wrong. Todd said himself at the E3 2005 demo they are porting Oblivion over from the PC to the 360. Kind of stinks for me though. Was using OBMM and uninstalled something and somehow it deleted all my meshes and replaced the folder with nothing. Textures are fine but Meshes are all gone and I can't play no more. Then Steam screwed up NV saying that my computer wan't the owner and locked me out. Keep in mind this is the only computer I use. Oh this is just a great week.

As for the PC equal to 360 thing. You can have a Few GB of Memory and mainly everything else lower and it will run faster. The main reason the console version is so slow is their memory. I had a computer that was only 2.1GHZ 4GB Ram and a 256GB video card and and it won't lag. That is more memory than the Console version can handle. Heck Oblivion lags on both my 360 and PS3 a lot. I first noticed it when I wanted to play the console version again for jus a litlle bit after playing on my computer for 2 years. It lagged like crazy. Maybe when I played on the computer I got a lag seeing perk?

I'm running a 2 yr old laptop which achieved about 20 fps with Fallout 3 on low-medium, should I just give up now and get Skyrim on xbox? I really want the option to play with mods but Skyrim deserves better framerates than I played fallout with. I'm just put off by consoles because Oblivion looked like you were running around in a fog..

Dual core @2.4GHz

Ingregrated graphics: Mobility Radeon HD 4500-5100

4 Gigs RAM

RAM is really just short term memory .. What your rendering actively on screen is held by RAM .. so if you have more than 2 Gigs you have more than enough for sure .. People who like to have 8 Gigs are nuts .. those people are multitaskers and normally running multiple monitors on the same tower with torrents and god knows what else .. 4Gigs is by far enough to handle any game on the market and that goes for 3.5 as well... I mean .. the 360 RAM is 512mb .. You will be fine :P

As for what you are saying 8GB is a lot for some. For what I do my Memory usage goes to over 70% and I have 12GB. It just depends on what you are wanting. I would get 8GB. Just to make sure and well other stuff as well.