Skyrim Information

Zaldir

The new computer I am currently building can play crysis at about 100 frames per second. On max graphics. How I know this you may ask? Well the build was in apc and they tested it.......

Or you could just use Fraps.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new computer I am currently building can play crysis at about 100 frames per second. On max graphics. How I know this you may ask? Well the build was in apc and they tested it.......

Or you could just use Fraps.

is there any free and low demanding applications out there that are alternatives to fraps? i don't want to pay 37 dollars and all i really need is to check my fps... i play crysis 2 maxxed out with no lag, it's pretty smooth for a laptop

My only problem is my RAM, I have 4 but since I use 32-bit it only allows to use 3.5, my oblivion with mods uses a lot of RAM, the rest of my computer are really good as I update them to be even better than a "ps4" XD it runs all games with no problems, only a few complain about my RAM in the "can you run it?" site, although I can play witcher 2 with everything on the highest settings and the witcher 2 was one of the games that said I needed more RAM XD Hope skyrim works just fine.

RAM is really just short term memory .. What your rendering actively on screen is held by RAM .. so if you have more than 2 Gigs you have more than enough for sure .. People who like to have 8 Gigs are nuts .. those people are multitaskers and normally running multiple monitors on the same tower with torrents and god knows what else .. 4Gigs is by far enough to handle any game on the market and that goes for 3.5 as well... I mean .. the 360 RAM is 512mb .. You will be fine :P

As for what you are saying 8GB is a lot for some. For what I do my Memory usage goes to over 70% and I have 12GB. It just depends on what you are wanting. I would get 8GB. Just to make sure and well other stuff as well.

I´m thinking about it, but I have to resintall my windows 7 to change it to 64-bit first, glad my games are installed on external hard drives, will just need to install oblivion and fallouts modding tools among other usefull stuff.I´ll wait until skyrim comes out, the money I have will be for the next games that come out, they all come at the same time XD but mainly for skyrim, depeding on the performance I´ll see if I ask santa for more RAM.

My only problem is my RAM, I have 4 but since I use 32-bit it only allows to use 3.5, my oblivion with mods uses a lot of RAM, the rest of my computer are really good as I update them to be even better than a "ps4" XD it runs all games with no problems, only a few complain about my RAM in the "can you run it?" site, although I can play witcher 2 with everything on the highest settings and the witcher 2 was one of the games that said I needed more RAM XD Hope skyrim works just fine.

RAM is really just short term memory .. What your rendering actively on screen is held by RAM .. so if you have more than 2 Gigs you have more than enough for sure .. People who like to have 8 Gigs are nuts .. those people are multitaskers and normally running multiple monitors on the same tower with torrents and god knows what else .. 4Gigs is by far enough to handle any game on the market and that goes for 3.5 as well... I mean .. the 360 RAM is 512mb .. You will be fine :P

As for what you are saying 8GB is a lot for some. For what I do my Memory usage goes to over 70% and I have 12GB. It just depends on what you are wanting. I would get 8GB. Just to make sure and well other stuff as well.

I´m thinking about it, but I have to resintall my windows 7 to change it to 64-bit first, glad my games are installed on external hard drives, will just need to install oblivion and fallouts modding tools among other usefull stuff.I´ll wait until skyrim comes out, the money I have will be for the next games that come out, they all come at the same time XD but mainly for skyrim, depeding on the performance I´ll see if I ask santa for more RAM.

Link for Ram testing. Good site to go to. Not saying you should buy from there, but it has a tool to test how much Memory your PC can handle. My PC can handle 24GB.

I think they will release the system requirements in 2-3 weeks. Considering the fact that many fans need to upgrade their computers.

Maaaybe .. I'm standing my ground on this one .. I don't think its going to require anything fancy so I don't think its a good idea to go out and spend gobs of money just for this game .. its always nice to upgrade but if people are doing it just for skyrim I think they will be surprised by how little it will really require.

Apparently in the Alpha Version, it still rains through Buildings, will this be fixed or can you Modders fix it.

How about those Ladders Bethesda cant manage to do, yet Other Games have done it since 1980 Can you Modders make the Character climb a Ladder, has it been done with Morrowind/Oblivion Mods.