Skyrim Information

Zaldir

2 hours doesn't mean anything. They were level 4 and 7 when they finished it. They experienced a few % of the game during the speedrun. Probably no more than 5% of the game were experienced through it.

If 2 hours means 5% of the game, then Skyrim will be 40 hours before you fully finished everything. But yeah, my reaction on the speedrun was slightly exagerated.

EDIT: My posts were retarded, I fully apologise :D You were right and I was wrong.

5% of the main quest was what I meant, sorry. :P

Yes, they say 30 hours, but who in their rights mind goes through ONLY the main quest without any sidetracks? ;D

I'm a bit precarious about things developers say. I'm not going to be surprised if the main quest is only 20 hours or less:p.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea .. I agree this is really bad advertisement to go around saying skyrim is 2hrs long lols .. but like everyone else said .. speedruns are not real gameplay .. people who speedrun exploit glitches .. skip levels .. fast travel everywhere .. run past enemies .. and of couse dont touch more than the bare bones of the main quest.

I'm a bit precarious about things developers say. I'm not going to be surprised if the main quest is only 20 hours or less:p.

I spent over 300 hours in Oblivion without touching the main quest. The main quest could be beatable in 20 seconds and I wouldn't notice.

2 hours doesn't mean anything. They were level 4 and 7 when they finished it. They experienced a few % of the game during the speedrun. Probably no more than 5% of the game were experienced through it.

If 2 hours means 5% of the game, then Skyrim will be 40 hours before you fully finished everything. But yeah, my reaction on the speedrun was slightly exagerated.

EDIT: My posts were retarded, I fully apologise :D You were right and I was wrong.

Yes, they say 30 hours, but who in their rights mind goes through ONLY the main quest without any sidetracks? ;D

the developers are saying less about the game, in way of overselling it, then they did with oblivion. relax, a little and have some faith.

the developers are saying less about the game, in way of overselling it, then they did with oblivion. relax, a little and have some faith.

I do have faith, because everything they've shown is amazing. But worduse of things like "dynamic" happens way too often, and if often misinterpreted.

I would say the best way to not be disapointed is to know as much about the game before you play it.. dynamic wouldnt frighten people so much if they read up on what todd and pete have to say on it .. its a really simple system .. you dont have a quest .. and your in a situation that fits the dynamic quest they have set up .. then it kicks in and your given a dynamic quest through an NPC you know or a randomly generated type of quest "think fallout 3 and the random stuff you could run into like the alien signal and the chinese radio" .. its not some new crazy tech .. its just a new way of using randomization and statistics to give the player a more unique playthru.

I would say the best way to not be disapointed is to know as much about the game before you play it.. dynamic wouldnt frighten people so much if they read up on what todd and pete have to say on it .. its a really simple system .. you dont have a quest .. and your in a situation that fits the dynamic quest they have set up .. then it kicks in and your given a dynamic quest through an NPC you know or a randomly generated type of quest "think fallout 3 and the random stuff you could run into like the alien signal and the chinese radio" .. its not some new crazy tech .. its just a new way of using randomization and statistics to give the player a more unique playthru.

I meant dynamic in the sense that they said dynamic rain, I think. Yet it was raining under a roof!

what he said :yes:

good explanation dude, have a kudos. :thumbsup:

I meant dynamic in the sense that they said dynamic rain, I think. Yet it was raining under a roof!

They said dynamic snow, not dynamic rain.

They said dynamic snow, not dynamic rain.

My mistake then.