Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Yeah the article I posted was translated from Russian, some Russian guy complied some info and put it all into that article and someone transalted it.

I then came across an Orc female outside a lumber milk informing me she had something to give me a pick me up. Upon inquiring she was apparently selling skooma.

Awesome.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a link to original? The translation is impossible to read...

I don't, it was posted on the Bethsoft forums without any link to it, and it was removed, for having spoilers in it or something.Even though it's not illegal since it's not even a leak, although the OP thought it was.

Hey guys just got the new PCGamer mag in yesterday, I was so excited to see the front page showing off dragonborn yelling like a madman. Anyways theres 3 pages detailing the editors playthrough and he reveils some new information that may or may not have been mentioned.

Now I'm sure dogs have been confirmed by now, and also them being companions has been comfirmed as well. However how you get them hasn't..... I think?

Basically the guys walking up a hillside off the beaten path when he discovers a band of wolves attacking a lonesome dog. The guy (dont know his name) decides to help out the dog by killing the wolves. After the fight he begins his journey once more but instead of going solo this time he now has a tailwagging/barking dog as a companion. :biggrin:

The guy also explains later on how companions will be able to do much more than previous beth games, such as telling your companion to -go there-, -come here-,-steal this-, -open this door-, -kill this guy-. He also mentioned that some companions will have somewhat of a moral standard so priests for example wont go killing and stealing for you.

The editor quotes "Combat in skyrim feels far more authentic than its predecessors. In oblivion driving a warhammer into a leather cuirass would sometimes do zilch, while rolling away from a broadsword lunge would still result in a hit. That wonkiness appears to be fixed-- swappin blade strokes with bad guys is fluid and beautiful, and blocking and parrying requires reflexes and twitch based skills."

later on our guy begins to hike up a mountainside, Todd tell him the enemies do get harder the higher he goes, but our guy keeps pushing forward. He discovers a cave and decides to go exploring until he runs into a gang of vamps. After telling his dog to stay put, the guy sneaks in and manages to take out a gang member with his bow. The othe baddie calls for help after which he casts a drain life spell on our guy. Turns out the gang members were vampires and are proving more problamatic than he expected. The editor take the smart route and flees.

Other POI - the game now has an auto save feature that can be customised to save on certain intervals of time :thumbsup:

- weaps, spells, armor, pots, and everthing else can be hotkeyd using the numbers.

-according to the mag the game is balanced up till 50 levels after its really hard to level.

- max level is 70 if your insanely dedicated

- 280 total perks

-1,000 hours needed to reach 93 of the perks im guessing thats at level 70?

-150 caves and dungeons combined of course

-10x multiplies for sneak attacks, im sure there's a perk that ups that to 15x

-Thanks PCgamer-

I know this is a very small detail but I love the Celtic art border around the items Celtic , Norse art work is Awsome I cant wait to see more in game

You and me both, the whole scandinavian theme of skyrim is right up my ally.

Hey guys just got the new PCGamer mag in yesterday, I was so excited to see the front page showing off dragonborn yelling like a madman. Anyways theres 3 pages detailing the editors playthrough and he reveils some new information that may or may not have been mentioned.

Now I'm sure dogs have been confirmed by now, and also them being companions has been comfirmed as well. However how you get them hasn't..... I think?

Basically the guys walking up a hillside off the beaten path when he discovers a band of wolves attacking a lonesome dog. The guy (dont know his name) decides to help out the dog by killing the wolves. After the fight he begins his journey once more but instead of going solo this time he now has a tailwagging/barking dog as a companion. :biggrin:

The guy also explains later on how companions will be able to do much more than previous beth games, such as telling your companion to -go there-, -come here-,-steal this-, -open this door-, -kill this guy-. He also mentioned that some companions will have somewhat of a moral standard so priests for example wont go killing and stealing for you.

The editor quotes "Combat in skyrim feels far more authentic than its predecessors. In oblivion driving a warhammer into a leather cuirass would sometimes do zilch, while rolling away from a broadsword lunge would still result in a hit. That wonkiness appears to be fixed-- swappin blade strokes with bad guys is fluid and beautiful, and blocking and parrying requires reflexes and twitch based skills."

later on our guy begins to hike up a mountainside, Todd tell him the enemies do get harder the higher he goes, but our guy keeps pushing forward. He discovers a cave and decides to go exploring until he runs into a gang of vamps. After telling his dog to stay put, the guy sneaks in and manages to take out a gang member with his bow. The othe baddie calls for help after which he casts a drain life spell on our guy. Turns out the gang members were vampires and are proving more problamatic than he expected. The editor take the smart route and flees.

Other POI - the game now has an auto save feature that can be customised to save on certain intervals of time :thumbsup:

- weaps, spells, armor, pots, and everthing else can be hotkeyd using the numbers.

-according to the mag the game is balanced up till 50 levels after its really hard to level.

- max level is 70 if your insanely dedicated

- 280 total perks

-1,000 hours needed to reach 93 of the perks im guessing thats at level 70?

-150 caves and dungeons combined of course

-10x multiplies for sneak attacks, im sure there's a perk that ups that to 15x

-Thanks PCgamer-

I'm sorry man, but the PC gamer scans have already been posted! Kudos for you delivering it anyway, it's a good read.