Skyrim Information

Zaldir

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it still seems like the world will feel really unpopulated again :confused:

^ This.

The hell can you tell that? .. The cities were more packed than oblivion for sure .. and from the sound of it you run into random quests and people out in the forest constantly

That video was very nice what I thought was really cool was the scene were an Argonian some chick( couldn't tell what race) were standing in a bazzar or market watching a guy trying to sell his potions holding them up for all to see that was great

And the public exicution was Awsome that was amazing

All the items laying around the booths tables desk was neat

The bar seen were the bard was singing and Playing that instrument and people were dancing and some even looked drunk that was crazy

^ This.

The hell can you tell that? .. The cities were more packed than oblivion for sure .. and from the sound of it you run into random quests and people out in the forest constantly

There was like 5 people maximum on screen at one time. Based on JUST the videos, the cities look as populated or a little more populated than Oblivion, which isn't a good thing. A truly breathing, living city would have atleast 50-100 people. And I am concerned about every little thing since im a console gamer and i don' t have access to mods. Also, that public execution was pretty nice.

It's skyrim,its supposed to be cold and harsh. I care more there are enough of monsters in forests,then actual ppl in cities.

Damn, that chick in video is annoying.

Edited by jancina25

^ This.

There was like 5 people maximum on screen at one time. Based on JUST the videos, the cities look as populated or a little more populated than Oblivion, which isn't a good thing. A truly breathing, living city would have atleast 50-100 people. And I am concerned about every little thing since im a console gamer and i don' t have access to mods. Also, that public execution was pretty nice.

Yes .. 50-100!! .. that and clothe physics on all outfits .. and hair! .. oh oh .. and facial hair shoud have real 3D stubble .. also that falling giant looked like sh*t .. they need to add physics based falling animations like GTIV .. oh .. and SSAO on character skin.

Seriously .. 50-100? .. yea sure .. 30 people living in a city isn't realistic but for christ sakes .. do you know how much they would have to dumb down the graphics to manage 100 people in every city? .. or the AI would be highly dumbed down .. they would just all walk around town silently doing nothing like every other rpg .. bleh .. Detail > Content Scale

^ This.

You know what breaks immersion more than a not-so-crowded city? A city moving at 10 frames per second. I don't think that size crowd is close to feasible even on the Creation Engine without cranking the requirements WAY up.

Besides, TES games tend to focus on making each citizen (barring guards, who apparently have no souls) named and unique. It's not Asassin's Creed or GTA, where you've got dozens of generic people fading in and out of view...

Anyway, I see your point as a console gamer, but your expectation is a bit unrealistic.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by jedi! I think I said it nicer, though... :tongue:

Edited by Lowk

You know what breaks immersion more than a not-so-crowded city? A city moving at 10 frames per second. I don't think that size crowd is close to feasible even on the Creation Engine without cranking the requirements WAY up.

Besides, TES games tend to focus on making each citizen (barring guards, who apparently have no souls) named and unique. It's not Asassin's Creed or GTA, where you've got dozens of generic people fading in and out of view...

Anyway, I see your point as a console gamer, but your expectation is a bit unrealistic.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by jedi! I think I said it nicer, though... :tongue:

I'm glad you brought up AC though. Shows you the difference in the NPCs. And yes guards loose their soul to get hired.

Edited by Razthemystic