Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Maybe you can get online and look at classifieds or whatever for used desktops/laptops. You might be surprised at what you can get.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan on getting either an Alienware laptop or building my own desktop (I'd rather have the Alienware for travel purposes) in the future. There's all sorts of aggravating things about my living situations currently that make using a desktop not feasible, though. I'll be fine. I just look forward to getting the game, regardless of the fact that I may not be able to play it much.

I personally would never, ever go with Alienware. For about 2/3 to 1/2 the price, you can build your own with the exact same parts, no joke. They just mark them up a bit because they can, so if affording a computer is the issue, don't go with Alienware...especially a laptop, which will be far more pricey and far less quality just for the convenience of portability. Not worth it if you ask me. But it's not my money. :P

Dont know if this is the right place to ask, but i've prebought Skyrim on Steam. Is it available to download yet?

:facepalm:

I really hope you're joking. Or that you meant just to download, not unlock to play.

Edited by natelovesyou

I personally would never, ever go with Alienware. For about 2/3 to 1/2 the price, you can build your own with the exact same parts, no joke. They just mark them up a bit because they can, so if affording a computer is the issue, don't go with Alienware...especially a laptop, which will be far more pricey and far less quality just for the convenience of portability. Not worth it if you ask me. But it's not my money. :P

I think I've had this discussion here a few times before. I don't plan on building an Alienware desktop, it's a laptop that I'd get. Their laptops are high quality portable machines and I haven't seen another brand that makes a laptop comparable to them. On their laptops, that's money well spent as far as I've seen.

Dont know if this is the right place to ask, but i've prebought Skyrim on Steam. Is it available to download yet?

I really hope you're joking. Or that you meant just to download, not unlock to play.

Just to download from Steam, im not home at the moment.

means pre-loading

Most of the time it preloads by itself so you don't have to worry about it. Also you can just click on the game in your library and it'll have the opinion to preload when it if it doesn't do itself.

Most preloads come 5-4 days before release

Edited by hector530

I plan on getting either an Alienware laptop or building my own desktop (I'd rather have the Alienware for travel purposes) in the future. There's all sorts of aggravating things about my living situations currently that make using a desktop not feasible, though. I'll be fine. I just look forward to getting the game, regardless of the fact that I may not be able to play it much.

I have to agree with the others. I'm not saying Alienware laptops aren't good, but they are overpriced. Compare the specs from the Alienware Laptops with i.e. the Asus G series Laptops and you won't see a big difference there, but you will find a difference in the price.