Skyrim Information

Zaldir

Yeah, I had little time yesterday, so I only updated some things and in brackets^^

And it also seems I messed up the update date (That or I unconsciously went forward in time...)

I'll update the post with everything new that was in the interview now. :)

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright thanks.. it's completely understandable, i'm not trying to rush you. i was just making sure you didn't forget to include some things..

cheers for 11.11.11. i'll throw a huge party

p.s isn't it weird he didn't mention horseback riding since we already know horses will be in Skyrim?

Unfortunately, we may not have horseback riding. I remember in one interview, Todd said he didn't like the way horses were implemented in Oblivion, and that if they couldn't do better in Skyrim, then there might not be horseback riding at all...that may be the reason for the carriages. :confused:

I like the idea of carriages in Skyrim, a Morrowind twist kind of. The only thing I see ironic about the whole thing is, do we ride it to our destination or just fast travel, like the silt strider. If we do ride, how come Beth can't do the same for the horses by them selves? I might be over thinking this one!

has it already been confirmed that skyrim will not have a level cap like fallout new vegas? i hope not :( i also hope they don't have the last mission. where u can't play the rest of the game like fall out. i mean continue playing.. like oblivion was great.

It seems like there will be a "soft" level cap at level 50... meaning that you can still level up once you hit 50, but it will take much longer. However you no longer get any perks, so you can't get all of the perks in the game by leveling after 50.

And yes they've already confirmed that you can continue playing after the final quest, just like in Oblivion.

has it already been confirmed that skyrim will not have a level cap like fallout new vegas? i hope not :( i also hope they don't have the last mission. where u can't play the rest of the game like fall out. i mean continue playing.. like oblivion was great.

There will not be a level cap but there will be a point, and I believe it is 50 but correct me if I'm wrong, where it becomes significantly more difficult to advance a level.

As people have said: There will be a soft level-cap at 50, and after that you will level up at a slower rate, and without receiving any perks.

You can also continue playing after beating the main-quest. :) (Bethesda has learned^^)

The way I heard it described there is no "cap" but there will come a point you can no longer level. When this happens will vary depending on how you leveled up. I think he (Todd) guesstimated it would be around lvl 70-80.

Edit: Found the quote in the podcast transcript:

You do level faster, a lot faster, especially in the beginning of the game. Because of the power in the perks, we wanted to be giving them out at a higher rate. The actual maximum depending on your particular character how it works out might be 75. I don't really know. I'm just saying we don't code in the maximum level. It will end up whatever it ends up."
Edited by csgators