Visual error of mesh? Disappearing parts in GECK

I re-exported a mesh I retextured, a flawless mesh, from blender, and the result was also distorted. If you see in the image, the arms can be seen through the dress. In the Mesh Data window, the ground could also be seen through the dress.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/kungfubellydancer/saaaass.png?t=1294617370

I think it's time I just re-installed Blender maybe?

Hi!

Sometimes u can have more than one thing wrong at the same time, so when u fix one thing it stills messed up u know.

So, make sure u always have shadow map selected for clothing.

anyway. IT could be that the texture compression is wrong. I never had that issue with fallout but i did before in oblivion.

I think it depends on if u have alpha channel in the texture, but go ahead and

Make sure both your textures diffuse and normal ones are compressed with dxt5.

Also it could be useful if you post screenshots of nifskope block list and block detail windows with relevant nitristirips blocks expanded.

Hi!

Ok your node hierarchy is messed up.

SLOW WAY

I think u can fix it in nifskope if u remove the first ninode scene root 8, then remove the other ninode scene root 8 right before all the bones.

remove headanims 31 and head 33 cause you dont need those either.

then rename the upperbody2:0 to Scene Root.

When u removed the second scene root ninode tho before it dropped all the bones into the root level. so you have to copy and paste each one back into your ninode.

That is kind of a slow way to do it so, open your blend file and clean out all the extra stuff.

FAST WAY

remove all the armatures. hit alt-h to unhide anything that might be hidden, and delete the armatures.

select each of your objects left over and go ahead and rename them to something that makes sense so its less confusing looking.

u rename them in the buttons window, object tab, object and links panel. There is a text box you can change the name right next to where it says OB:

then select all the parts of your outfit and then import a new clothing nif. IT doesnt matter what one, just import one. Make sure that you click the button Import Skeleton only + Parent Selected

Dont import skeleton.nif cause as i said before that one is for animating and weight painting.

Now you are ready to export, so use the default settings and make sure shadow map is selected.

Edited by baduk

What I did was I deleted the file and started from scratch, carefully exporting after every change. The new model works fine now....But I still don't understand what happened to the old one, because I did change all the skeleton and node parts like you said, but it still came out partially invisible in the GECK. Thanks for all your patience, anyhow!

Great to hear!

Its too bad u had to start over cause it was fixable and u learn more from fixing it.

But anyway it was like that cause u were having more than one armature exported.

Of course anyway next time u make something its gonna go smoothly. ;D

Edited by baduk