Confused avout converting Armors

Riven1978

I can convert static items with little to no problems using the common method i find in most if not all tutorials (copy and paste over), However whenever i try doing an armor it doesn't seem to work. I am trying to convert an armor from fallout 3 to fallout new vegas , the issue comes with that the armor is using the wrong style body and messes up the texture. I tried opening the body in 3ds Max and importing the armor over top, but since there is a ton of clipping around the legs i want to chop them off and when i do this as soon as i select the body mesh to edit it 3ds max crashes. So I went back to try in Nifskope by copying the data over but it wont paste over and while i can add the branch and it shows fine in nifskope when i try to use it in the GECK it only shows the armor and not the body (not getting any Red !'s) I have checked all the texture paths and they are all correct, It shows perfectly in Nifskope and 3dsmax just not in the Geck, I can figure out what i am doing wrong. can anyone help? (I might be going about it the totally wrong way)

Hi!

U will be pleasantly surprised to find that there is no conversion necessary for almost all nifs from fallout 3 to new vegas.

Just some few blocks that i havent come across in any nifs i looked at before.

So when u are converting armor for differnt body, then just treat it like converting between 2 bodys on fallout 3. ITs the same thing.

Sorry about max crashing, I dont know about max and anyway it will work if u find out what was making it crash. Maybe its got something to do with installation or nifscripts installation.

I actually never do any copy pasting for armors in nifskope. I just did it for stuff like animated statics or ragdoll clutters, maybe its good for particle systems tho also.

If u cant edit the mesh in max to remove clipping its a half measure anyway, same as if u use default shaders and cloth flags then set the showing skin part of the armor to use different texture file.

I will go ahead and venture to say that it could be the body nif u are importing to max or trying to copy the armor mesh onto is corrupted. U can try using a different nif.

Haha i actually have that up right now >.< Well it is blender and i have never used it before so kinda trying to figure that out right now maneuvers way different then 3dsmax 2009 which i am used to (well to a point anyway). mainly right now trying to get them adjusted just right everytime i do something else seems to go out of whack. and the solid grey tone and black wire for everything is hard for me to read

Here's an article I put up a while back, the same steps apply to making it compatible with a different body:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/articles/article.php?id=274

Sweet, thanx Quetzlsacatanango that actually was a very through Tutorial it Worked like a charm, now how do i get the body texture to have less of a seam would be my next question >.< http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/kitcloudkicker1/ScreenCapture005.jpg

Kudos Given, Thank You Very Much

Edited by Riven1978

Wow!

It looks like a tesla forcefield armor or something.

Well anwyay . U can get the shaders set right on the skin part of your armor. That is supposed to make the skin body and face and hand colors match up better.

So for the body nitristrips block u go in nifskope and select bsshaderpplightingproperty

and in block details of that you can select shader skin and right under that u want to add window environmental mapping shader flag.

Just typed up a little more detailed directions here.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/287232-body-head-mismatch/

Edited by baduk

Was one of my early and steady favorites in FO3 only the body wasn't really my style but was never able to figure out how to fix it up right and with out the clipping. So now i may go back and make one for my personal use in F03 (neck thing is minor to me) as well now that the Nif is done and working correctly :D

ok when i check I have SF_ZBUFFER_TEST | SF_SHADOW_MAP | SF_SHADOW_FRUSTUM | SF_WINDOW_ENVIRONMENT_MAPPING | SF_EMPTY | SF_UNKNOWN_31 some of them where on by default the only one i didn't have was the SF_WINDOW_ENVIRONMENT_MAPPING which Quetzlsacatanango mentioned in his tutorial

Wow!

It looks like a tesla forcefield armor or something.

Well anwyay . U can get the shaders set right on the skin part of your armor. That is supposed to make the skin body and face and hand colors match up better.

So for the body nitristrips block u go in nifskope and select bsshaderpplightingproperty

and in block details of that you can select shader skin and right under that u want to add window environmental mapping shader flag.

Just typed up a little more detailed directions here.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/287232-body-head-mismatch/

I never tried turning on shadow frustum for skin parts, dunno what they mean either.

But u know when u go from indoor to outdoor, changing from day to night, different interior lightings.

I think that it will cause a problem under certain situations.