Any ways to make oblivion use less cpu?

pinkfloyd760

I got my computer completely upgraded with 8gb of ddr3 ram, a nice mottherboard, a REALLY good video card.. I don't know what any of its called but the card was the best one best buy had.. Anyways, it still lags a bit because I only have a dual core processor.. Its AMD, but is there any mods, or tweaks I can get to make my game run faster without getting a quad or setting the graphics lower?

Thanks

- Oblivion is a processor lover. It tries to kill it >.>

- Oblivion isn't optimized for more cores than 1, although there are a few tweaks about on the web to try.

- Oblivion doesn't use more than 2 gb ram unless some mods tell otherwise.

- If you'd be more specific than 'really good', some might know some extra tweaks.

Lol yeah I was being pretty gay about it, heres my specs:

AMD phenom II x2 560 prosessor 3.30 ghz - I really needed to buy the quad, I have NO idea why I didn't.. >.> But will this really matter?

Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 Rev X.0x Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series [Display adapter]

And heres all the stuff about my processor. Im using belarc to find all this out so there was a lot of copying and pasting:

256 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache

If the graphics card is bad, then no. Something wrong happened.. My graphics card is making everything CHRYSTAL clear and amazing. I spent 200 bucks on it too.. I am reasonably sure its really good..

I built it all myself, had to connect everything together from scratch.. I really don't think my graphics is that bad. Whats wrong with it?

And how do I unlock it for free? Would I have to drive up to the store and get another or would it just clock it to a quad or something? I really don;t know that much I am pretty surprised I got it all built without any problems

You really overpaid, could find it on newegg for $100.

It's a two year old chipset, it's just not a good card for playing new games. My old 9800gt will play crisis maxed, but I'll only get about 2 fps.

Your motherboard should have a core-unlocker switch on it. Flip it on then boot into bios and tweak it. I can assure you that this isn't your issue though. Really, your graphics card should be able to run oblivion nicely as well. What FPS are you getting?

tl;dr - your gpu/cpu should play oblivion perfectly