Can't equip a custom companion with a custom weapon?

madmedic446

Hi all... I downloaded a companion, but decided I wanted to give him different clothes, and a different weapon.

I was able to change his clothes in the GECK with no problems, but the weapon I give him dissappears from his inventory as soon as I save the file.

Both the weapon, and the clothes are downloaded mods.

I am trying to give him a Remington700 sniper rifle that I downloaded.

I add the rifle in his inventory, with the proper ammo.... Then I save the file, and exit.

If I go right back into the GECK without even attempting to play the game, and open this character's inventory, the rifle is no longer there.

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out why.

Trying to use an asset from one esp into another esp won't work. The esp with the weapon would need to be flagged as a master, and since it is not, the Geck doesn't add it as a master when when you try, so when you save, the changes are gone.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to use FNVEdit to copy the weapon as a new item into the companion mod.

Trying to use an asset from one esp into another esp won't work. The esp with the weapon would need to be flagged as a master, and since it is not, the Geck doesn't add it as a master when when you try, so when you save, the changes are gone.

I think the easiest way to do this would be to use FNVEdit to copy the weapon as a new item into the companion mod.

Ahhh... Thank you! I will try that.