Questions about making a creature dialogue.

shubniggurath

Hi together.

I am working on a petshop that sells creatures as companions and pets.

My problem is, that i'd like to let the player communicate with them by dialogue. I tried to get that to work (Allow PC Dialogue flag checked, added an own voice type, added a quest with proper conditions & dialogue) but i was not successful. The creatures just don't react to the activaion by the player character. I oriented on the Dogmeat NPC to get it to work.

Can anybody give me a good advice, a tutorial (well, i didn't found one) or a tip on this matter?

Greetings,

S.

Hi!

I think you are describing the situation where you have not added the greeting topic.

Its strange to have to use a preexisting reference but I guess the GREETING topic is just a special one and it will make the creature respond when u activate them to begin conversation.

Hi!

Sorry but i havent released it yet cause its far from being done. I havent even gotten the creatureref.openteammatecontainer 1 command to work yet.

For my greeting topic i got it with priority 90 default

conditions is the getisid creature:mycreatureref ==1 stuff in there and then its got the other topics all listed in the choices box there.

The topics have the same conditions on em and top level topic text and response and changing the quest variable that switches the ai package.

my creature has allow pc dialogue checked , follower faction, player faction and teammate faction on it.

seems like in the game u can talk to lots of different factions so i dont know if that matters but u could try changing it.

in the creatureref editing window there is a little dialogue button u can click tho to see what dialogue can happen for it.