Files saveing into notepad?!?!

zonaria1666

ok hello there i just reinstalled oblivion on my pc and i started to get mods and now they all save into "notepad" and i get a bunch of random letteres and stuff that i dont understand and all i wanna do is move the files into my oblvion files ex: terutres mashes etc..

need help trying to reform them back into files and not going into notepad makeing random letters and stuff :\

It sounds like you have somehow changed the file association for your unzipping program to notepad. Every program that uses other files must be associated with those program types for it to know what to do with them. Here is a sample of how to associate files to 7-zip. It works the same for any other unzipping program. This is actually for WinXP, but Vista and Win7 are very similar.

http://thestormravenlibrary.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=121

I'm not sure if ccleaner will change file associations or not. Right off I don't remember seeing that in it's features. The problem I can see is how would it know to associate .rar or .zip files to 7-zip. Especially if you also have an old copy of Winzip installed but would rather use 7-zip. Or if you use winrar, but also have 7-zip installed from when you tried it 2 years ago. :rolleyes: A quick look through my old files found Tugzip & peazip as well as a trial version of winrar from some time back. But I only use 7-zip as it works for all of those and is FREE (unlike Winrar or Winzip)