Combined meshes causes Geck crash/Error in Blender

I combined two individually functioning meshes in nifskope, a coat and a dress, but received errors doing so, such as "infinite recursive link construct <insert number here>" and "failed to map link <insert part here>". I removed the extra SceneRoot node I found on the coat, copied and pasted all its nodes under the original node, and then I was able to copy the coat over to the dress node. I saved and tried to open it in Blender so that I could clean it up and remove clipping parts, but I got this error:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/kungfubellydancer/aasssa.png

So I tried to upload it to the GECK, which caused an instant CTD. What's going on here? I tried to search for unweighted vertices, but there aren't any. They both have only one armature. Both work just fine in the game/GECK on their own.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/kungfubellydancer/aasssa-1.png

Hi!

Haha u again! :wallbash: -> :teehee: -> :turned: -> :wacko: -> :sick: -> :yucky:

Loking at your pic there u got these nitristrips nodes called bip01 etc and there is a funky node sticking out to the left of your nif!

ITs good to name your mesh objects in blender what u want em to be called so its easier to know what is where and everything.

Bip01 is a reserved name tho so u cant call any part of your armor that. its for the armature names.

I cant tell unless u expand it if there is important tristrips data inside of the misnamed nitristrips nodes. But it wont work if u dont remove them.

Try deleting all the nitristrip nods with bip01 name on them. save it as a different nif name then if that makes u be lacking bone markers it wont work.

import the new nif back into blender, delete the armature and import new one from the bodymesh nif u are using.

If u found that u are missing important geometrys then u want to use your old nif and rename the nitristrips nodes.

Having one node thingy shown off to the left may be just that the center of your dress is located there. or something like that which shouldnt matter since it is parented to the armature.

So anyway keep your nif clean and rename the parts and stuff until it works!