ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Highest Level possible?

DeathRaze

The max lvl I was has been 50. Pure mage,only mage skills and I haven't maxed out mysticism yet. (Around 90 smt)

And looking around the internet a bit it does say that the max lvl is 255 but that looks kinda impossible for me.

Well It's a bit long to explain how to ascend to level 200+. its a VERY long and tedious process. I did it on my 360 version, but it could work on either one. Apparently Ayra has done it too so I'm assuming she did it the same way I did. If you really want to know how to get that high, ask her lol, I don't feel like going through the process. I just simply wondered if it was possible to reach 255, I capped out at 232 but Ayra got to 240 so I guess she's doing something better than me :tongue:

That being said, if any of you guys decide to try out this long and tedious method, it'll take about 20-30 hours of gameplay, and if you somehow get to 255, or higher than 240, PLEASE, let me know lol.

I am not entirely certain that 255 can be reached. The number 255 must be some kind of "magick" number in game programming mathematics because I have encountered it as the limiting figure in several other games I have modded.

I play the PC version and have artificially dabbled with increasing values to gauge the outcome as far as character response. Using combinations of various rings, necklaces and such I have managed to exceed the 255 limit of certain skills. My daughter jumps her character all over the map like she is related to the Hulk! But as far as pushing the character's actually limits, I tried to make a Snow Leopard (one of Slof's superb mods) run beyond the 255 mark and the result was a "roll-over" and restart from the bottom of the scale with the character running at snail speed.

If anybody manages to reach the point, I would love to hear about though. Good luck and happy gaming!

Actually Voivode, I'm glad you brought that up, about the roll over effect anyways because thats literally how you ascend to level 200 and beyond. Its basically exploiting the roll over effect and planning everything you do from the beginning of the game. As DeathRaze said, I have made it to level 240, but I failed to make 255. I have noticed however that there is no guide to reaching these high levels, and I suppose the method is not well known, that being said, I made a guide of how I personally made it to level 240. It's a step by step guide I made. I won't post it here because it would be WAY to big a post. But for those of you that want a step by step guide of how to do it, just send me an email and i'll send it to the address provided. Please keep in mind if you do decide you want to see the guide, I wrote it based off of me playing my 360 version of the game. I don't think it'll make any difference what version you play, but I figure I'd just give the heads up anyways, in case something does come up.

That is very interesting to know NinjaGoddess. I mean the exploiting of the roll over. I would guess that it is the same for the PC version as I have seen scripting references asking the game whether it is the 360 version. So I am guessing the coding of the game is the same more-or-less.

As for the guide, I have a friend playing the 360 version that might be interested. I will ask him and get back with you if he is up for it. I am just working on mods at the moment and not even really playing, but the guide might be valuable to me as well because we are experimenting with incorporating higher level creatures into the game.

Well Voivode as I said in one of my earlier posts, while I did try and see how high of a level I could make it to, I never would recommend it to anyone. It's about 30+ hours of boring repetitious gameplay. Honestly it's only for those people that have nothing better to do, or just have to be the best at each game they play. (Honestly you should see my sphere grid on Final Fantasy X, if you played that game you'd know what I mean by boring and repetitious.)

Anyways, like I was saying, if you do manage to get that high a level, even the simplest of enemies will have a LOT of hp and its very time consuming hacking and slahing away at one enemy because of the ridiculous amount of hp. The only good part I could tell you is that YOU also have high hp too. (I had about 2800ish) So basically if you fool around and jump off of high cliffs, there really isn't any cliff high enough that could kill you. Thats about the only good that leveling that high does.

I told my buddy about your guide and he was very interested. He would probably not find it boring in the least as he looks for odd challenges to occupy himself until I am closer to finishing my PC overhaul of the game.

I have not actually played Final Fantasy X, but I do understand what you are saying. I am a bit OCD and am notorious for quirky behavior such as pointless map clearing.

Thanks to a mod I downloaded, I have close to 3500 hp on one of my characters. I was showing my buddy a new home I just added into the game. You should see his face when I jumped off the top of the mountain and didn't die.

Well alright then, I'll send you my guide, Its a bit lengthy so please bare with me. Also, its not so much a guide as it is a step by step guide of how I got to 240 so it may be a bit linear. But if you're buddy is interested so be it. I've no problem with that. Apparently DeathRaze is making me send the guide anyways because he's to "lazy" to have made one himself :P

The max possible level is, in fact, 255. That is because that is the highest (decimal) number that can be represented in a two digit hexadecimal number (FF hex).

Just saying. :whistling:

Uhh yeah....I could've told you that, what we're trying to do is figure out if its possible to get that high without cheating. Some of us have come pretty close.