Who is this Dragonborn guy anyway?

Michae

I was just wondering. How is this Dragonborn thing go with the history of Tamriel. Tiber Septim or Talos if you please for example was reffered to as the Dragonborn in book "Varieties of Faith in the Empire" and "Pocket Guide to the Empire". Tiber Septim was of the Nordic descent, born in Atmora. Jauffre (along with other Blades) is also reffering to Martin and Septim dynasty calling them Dragonborns: "He truly was the Dragonborn... the last, and perhaps the greatest of all the Septims." . The Emperors of the Second Empire who started the ritual of lighting the Dragonfires were also reffered to as Dragonborns. Could Dovahkiin be related to them? What do you think?

I'm wondering about this too. If only dragonborn can light the dragonfires, and your charactor is dragonborn....

then by the end of the main quest, it stands to reason, you could become emperor. I think that would make it very

hard to get away with anything or run around anonymously.

I'm hoping for a major plot twist with this one.

Dragonborns doesn't have to be related to the Septim line.

There were many Dragonborn in Skyrim, but most of them / all of them were killed.

Dragonborn is simply the name of a Dragon Hunter. :)

Doesn't have to, yes. but it's an interesting lead. And the fact that he is able to use the dragon shout better than anyone suggest a "chosen one" or this often means a link with some "celebrities" like nérévar in morrowind. Edited by Any_ILL

Yeah, and that is what I like about Morrowind - you are the chosen one, not just a dude from a Prison cell whom the emperor has seen in a dream, like in Oblivion^^

Well, technically, that makes you the chosen one in Oblivion as well, but I feel that in Morrowind you were really the one!

Dragonborns doesn't have to be related to the Septim line.

There were many Dragonborn in Skyrim, but most of them / all of them were killed.

Dragonborn is simply the name of a Dragon Hunter. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the lore state "only the dragonborn can light the dragonfires" not "Only a Septim can light the dragonfires" I don't know about Tamriel politics too much though. :)

However, there is nothing to say the Empire hasn't collapsed or about too in the time frame of TES V. In fact, the Skyrim civil war (those wanting to stay against those who want to leave the Empire) makes me think by the end, a new political structure might just be in place.

Edited by SirBucksalot

I'm not saying that he may be direct descendant to Septims. As I said there were other Dragonborns before them and they were also using the Amulet to light Dragonfires. But the Amulet is no more and the Dragonfires don't need to be lighted anymore so I think this will not be the deal. Oh, and the Blades after Martin's death were saying that they will be now waiting for the new Dragonborn to be revealed. Edited by Michae

MAYBE the Septims had their own spin factory that fabricated the 'we are the ones lighting the fires' thing. They lied the lie for so long it became their 'truth'. That is not thinking outside the Lore Box and Bethsoft rewrites cannon frequently.

Anyway, I believe the player will be of a bloodline remotely connected to the Septims. The great-great-grandchild of a second cousin from before the OB timeline, sort of thing. Just enough juice in the old veins to get the fires lit and save the planet...AGAIN. :laugh:

OR there could be a bloodline with the power NOT related to the Septims in any way.