Hi people im new to the oblivion modding world

ZeBuceta

in advance, im sorry if im creating a topic with already answered questions, wrong section or with grammar mistakes, ive searched the community and i didnt find anything related to these.

a friend of mine showed me this game and i loved it, after wasting 2 months of my life playing it over and over with different races and classes, he told me to go look after mods.

i found this website wich seems to be the best about TES modding, but i also found myself in a labyrinth of headaches with sooooo many terms that seems too technical but yet needed for a better gameplay.

i browsed a few mods, read what they require, and i didnt understand a bit of it. so, if you can take a few minutes of your day to answer these i would realy appreciate it.

so, what is: OOO, MMM, FCOM, BOSS, wrye bash, HGEC, OBSE, OBGE and OBMM?? i would realy like to try those mods which refer to these, but i just cant understand what they are, what they do and what they mean.

thanks in advance

in advance, im sorry if im creating a topic with already answered questions, wrong section or with grammar mistakes, ive searched the community and i didnt find anything related to these.

a friend of mine showed me this game and i loved it, after wasting 2 months of my life playing it over and over with different races and classes, he told me to go look after mods.

i found this website wich seems to be the best about TES modding, but i also found myself in a labyrinth of headaches with sooooo many terms that seems too technical but yet needed for a better gameplay.

i browsed a few mods, read what they require, and i didnt understand a bit of it. so, if you can take a few minutes of your day to answer these i would realy appreciate it.

so, what is: OOO, MMM, FCOM, BOSS, wrye bash, HGEC, OBSE, OBGE and OBMM?? i would realy like to try those mods which refer to these, but i just cant understand what they are, what they do and what they mean.

thanks in advance

First and foremost, check the FAQs stick up on this board. Very informative stuff.

Secondly, just as a brief answer: OOO (Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) is a game mechanics overhaul and then some. It adds all kinds of things and changes. MMM (Mart's Monster Mod) adds a ton of different monsters. FCOM is a compilation of Franceco's Overhaul, OOO, and MMM. BOSS helps put your mods in order, which is to help prevent mod conflictions. OBMM is a utility program to help activate mods and keep them in order as well as other functions. Wrye Bash is similar except it has some functions that OBMM does not. OBSE extends non-modded oblivion(often called vanilla) script functions to do more things and is often required from many mods. OBGE is a graphics and screen effects extender similar to OBSE, except its for graphics only. And finally, HGEC is a body replacer.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

thank you guys for the fast replies. lonewolf_kai, im sorry i didnt see any FAQ. would you please post a link to it? and PsalmLove, thank you for the attention, and for linking me to that topic, i haven't seen that... as i see, what i seek has already been discussed somewhere else. can one of you guys ask a forum manager to delete this topic?