Blender crashes when I export my creature mesh

yoba333

I have created my creature mesh in blend format. I have both the texture and normal map completed and synced with the mesh. I have the collision mesh and the mesh in the same layer. I'm using the default fallout 3 export settings plus the shadow mapping button pressed.

After clicking okay, the action bar at the top says exporting Cube, even though I have no object named Cube i don't think. Anyway, it stays on the Exporting Cube text and soon it will say, "Not Responding" up at the top of my screen. I am attaching a picture of my export settings as well as the message blender shows. Please help me!

Hi!

U have something called cube. lol!

Anyway hit alt h to unhide stuff cause maybe its hidden, if u use h key it hides stuff.

and go into the outliner window, u can switch window with the little dropdown list thingy in the corner of the windows.

outliner window gives u a nice list of everything that u have on your blend file.

K, turns out the rogue cube was my mesh, for some reason its name got deleted. But it still goes to the not responding message when I try to export it to a .nif file. Is there any reason it would do that?

Hi!

Maybe you dont wait long enough when exporting. When u export click on the taskbar to get the blender console to appear and watch what it says, and wait.

I think you will see an error that you have. Since its a creature and your exporting dismemberment, Make sure u have meatcaps asigned to proper bp_torsocap and bp_sectioncap vertex groups.

The body parts of the character assigned to bp_torso, bp_head etc.. You can find the right set of dismemberment vertex groups by importing a vanilla nif from the creature skeleton you are using.

It could be some other kind of error tho u know so,. look at that console.