Toddlers and Tiaras

Lehcar

I hate these beauty shows. The reasons why I despise them are no different than why my father did not choose to go down the plastic surgery route.

It's awful, really. The media that surrounds our lives is often that way. People are trying to achieve an image that can never be truly obtained because of how those behind the scenes manipulate what we see as valid; in short, it's impossible. Heck, I have the ability to aid that deception, and I'm not going to choose to use it in that way. Never, ever.

Children are not tools. Nobody should be. People are more than that.

Toddlers and Tiaras is an honestly disgusting show, in my opinion. A similarly disgusting show is Bridalplasty, a horrible idea for a show. Because of shows like these, I only watch scripted television. Reality TV is about as unreal as you can get.

I hear you.

What blows me away are the zipperheads that religiously tune in to watch this debacle. Survivor, Temptation Island, The Amazing Race, etc etc.

I blame MTV for crap like this. Their "Real Word" showed everyone that Amerians will happily plop their arses down on the couch and watch anything.

Twenty years later, we are getting TLC (which was kown as The Learning Chanel and used to air shows that were edutainment when they debuted) airing garbage like this "Toddlers & Tiaras" BS.

I guess TLC stands for The Lame@$$ Channel now, huh? :dry: