MOD Request: Adjust / Slow down Day/Night cycle

This game is an absolute masterpiece on Ultra settings @ 1080p. The world lighting system they have created is spectacular and just walking through the woods or along the beaches is like a simulator in itself.

I just wish the damn time didn't go by so fast.

There's gotta be a file that allows a tweak to make the night last, for example, 3-4 hours of actual gameplay instead of 15 minutes. With meditation, what's the difference? Would be much more realistic anyway, I think.

I have been looking through the config files since the first night trying to find anything that relates to this. But I am nowhere near knowledgeable enough about these things.

It would be awesome if somebody here could find something and possibly make this happen.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not currently possible with the Debug console.

That just allows you to change to different times of day.

This seems like something in which you need to unpack core files. Likely only possible with the REDkit editing tool, as yet unavailable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump!

The current day/night cycle is oddly breaking my immersion, I feel compelled to rush things as opposed to appreciating the lush world 3DPR have created.

EDIT: Googling around found the number - but have not tested:

http://www.mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-fast-travel-via-console/

"TM manipulates time (speed of the sun/moon) e.g. TM(1) -one minute per second e.g. values TM(0.1) TM(10) etc.

slow to manipulate time of everything e.g. slow(1) e.g slow(0.5) e.g. slow(5)"
Default 90 minute real time for 24 hours of game time implying its set at a factor of 16
Edited by yowiepowah