Modeling Help

DeathRaze

Okay well basically I want to learn how to model texture and animate. I say this because I have looked over cs.elderscrolls.com and while they have a lot of modeling tutorials, none of them seem to have (that I can find) tutorial(s) that start off from square one on modeling/texturing.

I have done many of the tutorials on cs.elderscrolls and found them helpful, I've read many links and articles, and I have a really good understanding of the cs when it comes to references, objects, the windows, landscape editing, making houses, duplicating cells, etc. What I don't know is anything about modeling. I have downloaded Blender and heard that I will have to download a program called GIMP. I want to know if there is any tutorial for someone who has NO idea how to model or texture but would like to learn.

I apologize in advance as I'm sure a message like this has been seen many times on the forums, but I have looked around and could not find one that starts off at square 1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Actually I already have the Blender noob to pro manual. And its a great read and it helps a lot, but I want something that is specific to Oblivion, and while that is a very good manual, it doesn't help me make models for Oblivion. I just want to know what tools I'd need (freeware) and where do I start. What tutorial would help people like mysself learn from the bottom up? thats what i'd like to find. If I can't find one, oh well, I'll just go to school for 3D animation and hope that helps lol.

Here is a very useful site that has specific guides for blender and Oblivion: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Portal:Modeling

All the tools you will need can be downloaded here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12248

It not only includes Blender, but also all the other things you will need like nifskope and python. For texturing, I would recommend GIMP, which is like a free photoshop.

Good Luck!