Drugs - What do you think is acceptable, where is the line?

DrunkenGamer

So how do you guys feel about places like Amsterdam, where weed use is pretty much acceptable?

Of course, I know it's not really, just some weird loopholes that let you have weed, but not distribute it?

I LOVE Amsterdam, and can't say it enough times. I love the Gingerbread Gothic (as I call it) houses in the center, the politeness of the people, the cleanliness of the city...everything! People are so nice and helpful.

Last time I was there (last August), was the height of European vacation time, and the city was packed. People threading through the Red Light District shoulder to shoulder, drinking, smoking, and everybody was completely well-behaved.

I only saw incivility once the whole week: some drunk dumbass walked out in front of some lady who was riding her bike, and as you know if you've been there, they ride them fast on those trails...you have to watch out for them! Well, they both took a spill and this guy, who you could tell was a real extreme example (probably an addict living on the street) got in her face thinking it was her fault (which it wasn't), and the next thing you know, this Hollander has got the guy by the shoulders, whirled him around and pushed him a few meters away, laughing while he did it, to set the guy straight. That's it. That's all the incivility I saw, and that was from a very confused person in a moment of crisis. I see more incivility in Italy, or saw in the States, any old day of the week on any street whatsoever.

Amsterdam is the proof that it's not what you do but how you do it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic