Mining Activator Troubleshoot

NexBeth

Well, working on my mod and I deleted a vanilla mining ore deposit in the area I was working. Well, I really didn't want to make that kind of change to the game, so I tried to reinstate it but the ore deposit won't work. I also tried copying over another vanilla deposit that was working, but no go. I get the activation message when I'm near it, but I can't mine. Yes, I do have a pickaxe in inventory.

Any ideas?

Mining activator needs a Linked Ref to the appropriate Furniture PickaxeMiningXXXXXMarker.
By appropriate marker I mean:
If the mining activator is at floor level then drop a World Objects -> Furniture -> PickaxeMiningFloorMarker into the render window and edit mining activator to a add a Linked Ref to the PickaxeMiningFloorMarker

If the mining activator is at at waste height then drop a World Objects -> Furniture -> PickaxeMiningTableMarker into the render window and edit mining activator to a add a Linked Ref to the PickaxeMiningTableMarker

If the mining activator is on a wall then drop a World Objects -> Furniture -> PickaxeMiningWallMarker into the render window and edit mining activator to a add a Linked Ref to the PickaxeMiningWallMarker

Yes, that worked! Thank you very much. One problem is that while I'm able to pickaxe, there is no mined ore being added to my inventory so something isn't quite right. ( I wish that these links could be seen in existing vanilla objects so that new modders could just go into the CK and pick up on this....) In linked references I've linked the ore with the PickaxeMiningFloorMarker and visa versa. No keyword. Can you assist with what I'm missing?

Your help is appreciated.

I did as you guided. Now I only pickaxe one time and stop. No ore added. Also, I know next to zero on scripting (yet) but here is what the script values look like when opening properties.

Sorry but there is nothing more to it.

Be sure your loading a clean save where you haven't had the ore mine already added or edited.

I just tested with the same ore mine you have in your pic:

Loaded CK with skyrim.esm as the master.

Loaded Whiterun Bannered Mare Inn cell.

Selected in the Object Window -> World Objects -> Activators -> MineOreGold01_LFallForestRocks and dropped it into the render window.

Selected in Object Window -> World Objects -> Furniture -> PickaxeMiningFloorMarker and dropped it into the render window.

Right clicked -> Edit the MineOreGold01_LFallForestRocks reference in the render window and under the Linked Ref tab added a linked ref to the PickaxeMiningFloorMarker reference I dropped prior.

Did File -> Save as MineTest.esp.

Enabled MineTest.esp in my load order and loaded a game.

Used the console and used

coc whiterunbanneredmare

The mine was right there where I coc'd to.

Activated the mine and got 3 gold after the animation finished.

My only other suggestion would be:

If all else fails then open your mod in TES5Edit and remove the changes you made to the original ore mine.

I lot of help given, sLoPPpYdOtBiGHoLE, thanks! Last night I actually got gold out of that mine, but then later when I tried, I was not even able to get the signal for a mine in-game. I'm going to work on your suggestions, starting with testing with clean save. I've never used TESSEDIT but its time to get to it. So many things to do and learn (and I've learned a lot in the past few mos since I started modding.)

It was very good of you to go through all the test trouble on my behalf and I appreciated it greatly.