specialized weapon for Cazador

SoMBiE

it is an original idea

but i dont think it will catch on because flamers are already very effective

and not only insects but large groups of pretty much everything

and cazadore's will die very fast if facing the pc with a flamer

The animations are hardcoded in the sense new ones can only be added by replacing/overwriting an original, You can go through FOSE but that's more effort then i have time for. That's why i was saying there was gonna be animation problems with this mod. I'm still gonna finish the model if not just for fun, but that might be all im gonna have time for...I may have to adapt the model to a set of existing's though as I dont have the time to make a new animation set.

Whether or not it catches on isn't my concern its just a request fulfillment for SoMBIE I liked the idea so i decided to add some input. if anyone else likes it they can enjoy it as well if not its no biggie.

Edited by ecksile

ecksile, I don't have a better clip art, I found that on the web. If I run across a real one I can take some photos. Originally I thought of this as a funny weapon, something out of place or not practical but effective. It's kind of like my large frying pan melee weapon that nobody commented on. I think it would be funny if you hit a ghoul up side the head and it made a dull ring maybe with an "ouch" from the ghoul. Or my idea of a Bozo clown armor with frizzy red hair on his bald head with tiny bowler hat, and his outrageously canoe sized shoes using the frying pan weapon. I'd love Bozo for a companion, but this is too arcane for the people here.

Whatever this turns out to be it ok with me. I just want to see what people think and have fun.

It could have effect on other NPCs than cazadores, it could lower perception of humanoid NPCs to 1, doing some kind of stun but without damaging, or damaging too little (only damage a lot its specific target, cazadores).

You could shoot this weapon (or its can) so it explodes engulfing all NPCs around in a stunning cloud.

Also when you spray it, it could have a small chance of the spray flowing backwards on you (wind), so you have to spray and move away, it could create a cloud that dissipates after some time. (I always wondered why those flying sand in goodsprings hadnt any effect, even if you are in its middle; it should cloud your vision and lower perception for a few seconds until you clean your eyes, NPCs also.. I will check and open a thread for a request on this :D)

Also, crafting its fuel could give good money. It could be crafted making use of some plants, water and well dunno...

A fun thing would be a quest to earn its weapon schematic and fuel recipe; you find a place where 2 or 3 NPCs are trying tio defeat a nest. You have to help them on it. They give you one fully fueled, and you 3 have to fight a swarm of 10 to 13 cazadores. If you are successful, and at least one NPC survives, you get the recipe for the fuel, or you will have only those few they drop, for the rest of the game :D. I wonder who wont load the game tho :>

Edited by ghussak

@ yoba333 That was my original plan with animations.

@ghussak I like except i will only be doing the model and maybe textures with recipes im not sure it depends on how much time i have and how motivated i am. i tend to get depressed and nothing gets done when that happens :yucky:

I think in Fallout Tactics you could get a modified water gun that used hydrochloric acid as ammunition..... maybe if you did something like this, you could instead use insect repellent.

Speaking of repellent, how about a consumable (you don't actually eat it.....) that makes them ignore you unless you get really close, or attack them?

But yeah, flamer animations would be the best.