Mesh has odd set of nodes, how to fix it?

I made this hat in Blender using the HeadHuman.nif as a form to build over, but even after I removed the headhuman.nif I believe it has left some information I don't need here, and messed up the nodes. How do I fix this to make it compatible with the game? I also need to to get rid of all the extra skeleton bones I don't need, as you can see, as it only needs bip01 head.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj27/kungfubellydancer/2222.png

Hi!

U coulc try remove bogus nodes spell in nifskope. I dont know if that helps tho..

It is hapening when you have imported skeleton.nif into blender. So whenever i import skeleton.nif for some reason, I delete the armature before exporting.

I wil replace the armature with an armature from headhuman.nif or from some hat nif. and then export it.

If you put it in game like that it will work just fine but your filesize is bigger than it should be.

Alright, the mesh works nicely in-game, but for some reason the sides of the hat reflect the light as if it's coming from the opposite direction. As you can see, the light looks like it's coming from below rather than above, but the top of the hat works okay. Does this have anything to do with the fact that I extruded the entire hat to make a kind of double-layered mesh?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/images/39336-3-1295591321.jpg

Hi!

I am realy looking forward to your mod it all looks so flavorful and stylish!

anyway. I think that nistencilproperty is good for inside of coat or whatever but u may find yourself dissatisfied with the specular properties of the other side. I have heard that material settings like glossiness and specular color and stuff. dont act the same , u can test it by flipping normals on just one poly of your mesh and look at how it looks with different settings.

Ok so there is a way to deal with this! What u do is you make it single sided, and duplicate the mesh in blender (shift d). Then for the duplicated part only recalculate normals inside (control shift n) so u have 2 meshes on the same spot but they have normals facing opposite directions!

U can check it by turning on cactus view ( draw normals in button window edit panel mesh tools tab)

You can just choose one vertex and select linked vertices (control L)

IT can even allow you to place a different uv map on the other side of the hat so you can benefit in more ways than one. the drawback is polygon count.