New to modding on T.E.S.C.S

Lumunofloginism

Going from the exterior of my house to the inside, how do i do this?

I dont see an option for editing the doors destination.

It's been a while since I've done this in Morrowind so forgive me if this is misinformation...

If you have placed a load door in both your interior and exterior cells you should be able to double-click on one of them and a menu will then pop up enabling you to link the two and set their respective markers.

Going from the exterior of my house to the inside, how do i do this?

I dont see an option for editing the doors destination.

It's been a while since I've done this in Morrowind so forgive me if this is misinformation...

If you have placed a load door in both your interior and exterior cells you should be able to double-click on one of them and a menu will then pop up enabling you to link the two and set their respective markers.

Thank you very much!!!

i got it!!

Now i cant figure out how to exit the door i came in, i go back out and i end up coming out of another door in the same town

Each door has a map teleport marker attached to it that designates where your character will appear when exiting; they should look like pink arrows. If you get these markers mixed up it can cause confusion. You can double-click on these markers to see which doors they are linked to. Also, if your town has more than one door in it, when you first linked the interior to the exterior there's a drop-down menu in the pop-up menu we talked about that let's you select which door. If you picked the wrong one then this is what will happen and it can also screw up things if that door was previously associated with a different interior.

If you can't sort out where and what went wrong, my recommendation would be to simply delete the doors and their teleport markers and try again from scratch. I've been there, and I learned it all the same way through this sort of trial-and-error experimentation. Stick with it and you'll get the hang of it.

Something I always do when modding anything is make a back-up copy of my .esp file someplace like on my desktop so that if I totally screw up something I can easily go back to a point where I know everything was okay. I highly recommend making such backups, especially if you're still learning.

Edited by Herculine