Buildings for Newbies?

bakedlays1

I'm completely noob to modding and had an Idea that I thought was pretty cool and I was wondering if any good modders here have any tips for making buildings and what not. Not looking for specific tips on anything, but I have the basic ideas of geck down and are just looking for any pointers possible. Thanks guys

For starters I would look at all the meshes that come witht he game before you have to go create your own. I spent over a week just looking at all of em, and starting to get a handle on em now. Other then that blender, and photoshop, and a nif tool, will be your friend.

Hi!

I never make building but i loked quicly at the nifs.

Ok u got regular static nif with default shaders flags empty and unknown 31.

It has static collision object on it.

U can make all that stuff in blender.

Also it has a distant lod nif which is super lowpoly version with low res texture and its got no colision on it. It has same kinda nitristrips block and file name with _lod.nif on the end and in same location, dono if that matters.

I think u can just set up the ref in geck and then start using it.

So when you learn how to make object with blender and into game then this becomes fairly straightforward.

Look at fallout 3 mod talk sticky topics for lots of tutorials and stuff cause its gonna work for new vegas also!

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/forum/287-fallout-3-mod-talk/