Database problem

Arnyboy

I have recently reinstalled dragon age and the toolset but I'm having a problem. When I attempt to run the toolset I receive a error message telling me that the specified database could not be found. Should the default database be opened? If I click no it gives me another error message telling me to run the toolset config tool. I'm unsure what to do as I don't want to further damage my toolset installation. So what should I do?

uninstall the toolset and do it again, you need to specify that it is the default database and then leave it. It should correct it, if not let me know as there is a fix available that I will find for you.

Hope this helps

I looked into my toolset logs and found this;

Fri Jan 21 14:24:39 2011, ERROR, ".\ConnectionData.cpp", 177, "Unable to get campaign info (id:5) information in database ""Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=bw_dragonage_content;Data Source=.\BWDATOOLSET"""

Thats the only error message in there, anyway to correct it?

• 2 weeks later...
Are you trying to preserve something from your previous toolset installation? (i.e. did you already have mods, etc. that you had created?) If not you can just do a completely clean wipe of the toolset (including uninstalling the MSSQL database) and reinstall. If you still have problems with that, you can try the manual DB install process I explain here: http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=177587&st=0&p=1616852entry1616852

• 3 weeks later...

When installing SQL server 2008 which features from the list must I select to install:

Instance Features

Database engine services?

SQL Server Replication?

Shared Features

Management Tools - basic?

SQL Client Connectivity SDK?

I'm just looking for some clarification as Im a bit confused.