Mystery NPC's

stg58fal

I looked through 15 pages of this section, and didn't see anything like this, so here's what I'd like to suggest. If it's not feasible, just say so.

First off, instead of seeing a person carrying a pool cue/tire iron/hunting rifle/whatever, and when you put your crosshair on them it goes red and says "Raider", it stays green and says "????". Now, you have to choose whether to interact with that person, avoid them, or just shoot them and loot the corpse.

And not just for raiders, either. Everyone has the "???" until you talk to them and they introduce themselves.

Raiders/bandits that, when you talk to them in the waste, ask for caps/ammo/food/whatever. If you give it to them, they go on their way. If not, they try to take it by force. An ambush where the guy's buddies are hidden behind rocks or something until the fight breaks out would be even better.

Or one "????" running through the waste, a few minutes later a group of "????" following that one's path. Possible options might be slavers pursuing a runaway, bounty hunters after a mark, a gang after a victim, whatever.

Obviously it's possible for people to suddenly go hostile on you. Is it also possible for the displayed name and hostility (or lack thereof) to change based on dialog choices? Is my idea do-able?

I looked through 15 pages of this section, and didn't see anything like this, so here's what I'd like to suggest. If it's not feasible, just say so.

First off, instead of seeing a person carrying a pool cue/tire iron/hunting rifle/whatever, and when you put your crosshair on them it goes red and says "Raider", it stays green and says "????". Now, you have to choose whether to interact with that person, avoid them, or just shoot them and loot the corpse.

And not just for raiders, either. Everyone has the "???" until you talk to them and they introduce themselves.

Raiders/bandits that, when you talk to them in the waste, ask for caps/ammo/food/whatever. If you give it to them, they go on their way. If not, they try to take it by force. An ambush where the guy's buddies are hidden behind rocks or something until the fight breaks out would be even better.

Or one "????" running through the waste, a few minutes later a group of "????" following that one's path. Possible options might be slavers pursuing a runaway, bounty hunters after a mark, a gang after a victim, whatever.

Obviously it's possible for people to suddenly go hostile on you. Is it also possible for the displayed name and hostility (or lack thereof) to change based on dialog choices? Is my idea do-able?

There's an armour mod that's supposed to turn (human) hostiles into non-hostiles while you're wearing it. Haven't tried it myself, but the comments suggest it's OK:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2815

Edited by roquefort