Major texture problemos

yoba333

So I'm making me a confederate uniform for my planned confederate faction in the game (They may be zombies, not quite sure yet on that one.) But my .dds file shows up as all bright and you can't see anything. I suspect it is somehow becoming a normal map, but I don't know. I will post a picture below. I'm using photoshop and the texture as a .psd and a .jpeg file shows up fine, its just the .dds file. I need some assistance on this, as I don't know what to do and I want to make my confederate army/zombies.

Is there an alpha channel present, have you made sure that the bit that gets to texture is white on the alpha? Has the texture got a normal map for it, if so have you adjusted the curve in it's alpha?

Yea u gotta make the alpha channel kinda dark in the normalmap cause it will reflect light a lot otherwise.

My current outfit i tweaked it a number of times but im gonna go back and do it more myself.

But anyway when you open the bsshadertextureset in nifskope, u can see it says num textures 6.

expand the texture list and you will see 6 child textures. u dont assign a texture to the parent texture thingy.

first one is diffuse (color) and the second one is normalmap. those are the ones you are gonna want to set on an outfit.

There are other ones you can add also but u have to add multiple texture shader flag.

This list is the texture slots numbered 0-5

0: diffuse map(color dds file)

1: normal map(_n.dds)

2: glow/skin/hair(_g.dds/_sk.dds/_hl.dds)

3: heightmap?

4: environment mask(_em.dds)

5: environment map (cube map _e.dds)

Theres sone other stuff i think u can put on the last 3 slots instead, dunno about it really.

Also on the mipmaps, i just have my dds exporter generate em when i export em and never load em when i open the files. i dont think u actually neeed to look at em unless you are having some specific problem with em or something.

Great!

Ok just look into the shader flags in nifskopoe. its in nitristrips block\bsshaderpplightingproperty in the block details window, make sure you have block details window enabled in nifskope view settingss.

There u can doubleclick on shader settings and make sure that field isnt to wide so the small arrow appears to the right when you doubleclick. Click the arrow to make dropdown menu appear to select shader flags.

Just add shadowmap one and see it in game.