No failures mod

god2

Hello folks!

Been toying around with my own mods a long time back, and I came to think of a mod I want to create, but not sure if it is doable or not.

Basically, I want to remove failures from all skills. That means not failing any attempts to do repairs, enchanting, potions, missing attacks etc., but instead scaling the effect strength of each attempt to reflect the player's skill. For example, a low alchemy skill creates weaker potions but always succeeds.

I would also like to add a level cap where the player may no longer increase stats or skills at all, and possibly also adding different max values for different races, e.g. 110 strength for orcs, 90 for dark elves.

Do you know if this is doable by changing game constants or scripting, or is this hard-coded in the game?

Edited by god2

Some aspects are possible and others, not so much. But keep in mind that the game was designed intentionally with the 'failures' included. It offers a need to raise the relevent skill to be able to perform adequately. So removing failures robs the soul of the game, IMO.

Like you said, if you remove the failure, you need to compensate it another way. Apart from a couple of mods for combat, I'm not really aware of mods that does what you ask.