DRK-2PEX Alteration - Major Seam Gaps on Export

DoctorL

It's actually in the skeleton so maybe you can import the body without it's skeleton to test this out.

On another note, this might have to do with dismemberment properties but again, I'm just guessing. Sorry if I'm not being too helpful, I'm working on some other mods while responding to you.

Edit: grammar.

Edited by mimada

The "skeleton" on clothing outfits and body nifs are just the named nodes for the bones for rigging it, and skeleton.nif is the real skeleton with the havok stuff, transformation stuff and bone hierarchy on it.

If you have a problem with it or your animations, it will not be limited to this exported drk-2pex body of yours.

Here is a good information on what they look like and how to make them in blender, but you dont put them on clothing. you put em on other stuff like weapons, props, clutter, statics and such.

http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Blender/Collision#Constraints

There is another bounding box looking thingy you see in geck, but it is just the selection box for objects in the world editor.

The dismemberment is done with just some separate vertex groups. It affects dismberment, and i think it also affects vats and some other things like visibility of body parts in 1st person view.

if your vertex groups are messed up then it would be the skin instance that would cause the arm to produce a gap during animation, but you would be seeing that effect in blender as well as in game.

It could be your head and hands causing the problem but only if the ones you are using in game are messed up and not from the bsa, and the ones you are importing are a different set. And you would be using a custom race so as not to observe the issue on other body models. It does not seem likely to me.

Edited by baduk

Well, I feel like a complete idiot now. I thought I had tried this before, but ended up getting the same results. I was mistaken.

Note to self, nifty is still a valuable and necessary tool. I used fixparts without reskinning and the body came out perfect.

Hi.

Can u explain what your problem was and how u fixed it?

Afaik nifty is a program that does something with the bp vertex groups, convert niskininstance to bdismembermentskininstance or something.

i never had to use it before for anything and I always just assumed it only existed for before nifscripts was supporting that feature of fo3.

I just look and nifty is from 2 years ago.

Maybe whatever it is had something to do with the fact 2pac4eva who made this version of body made the last post on nifty comment thread 1 year and 3 months after the previous poster, and he complained about it crashing. Crashing could have been related to the problem of nimaterialproperty was named bip01.

Edited by baduk