Site slowness this weekend

Dark0ne

In response to post #26024719. #26029329, #26050589 are all replies on the same post.

adammcbane wrote: IDK where I should post this but the video ads here on the Nexus seem to be getting very aggressive I really really don't want to use adblock as I know that the site may need the ads especially since I'm not a premium member ( because atm I simply can't do that) but they are coming up every 15 seconds or so. At least if the volume on them was lower or off. Again it's only the loud video adds popping up every x amount of seconds and at time seemingly slowing or freezing the page. Lots of times the same video like the Home Depot one pops up like 3 at the same time so not like a person can understand it anyway.
coolnameswertakin wrote: Scared me shitless a couple of times they did... I second this person's concern...
Marabetha wrote: What video ads. I never get any.

@ coolnameswertakin I'll admit first few times they did startle me especially after having the volume up listening to music and they over take my music.

@ Marabetha They are videos that come in the banners sometimes you just hear the sound but can't actually find the add itself, I think the ads depend on sites you visit so you probably wont get the same ads I apparently qualify for Home Depot ads over and over lol.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #26024719. #26029329, #26050589, #26061929 are all replies on the same post.

adammcbane wrote: IDK where I should post this but the video ads here on the Nexus seem to be getting very aggressive I really really don't want to use adblock as I know that the site may need the ads especially since I'm not a premium member ( because atm I simply can't do that) but they are coming up every 15 seconds or so. At least if the volume on them was lower or off. Again it's only the loud video adds popping up every x amount of seconds and at time seemingly slowing or freezing the page. Lots of times the same video like the Home Depot one pops up like 3 at the same time so not like a person can understand it anyway.
coolnameswertakin wrote: Scared me shitless a couple of times they did... I second this person's concern...
adammcbane wrote: @ coolnameswertakin I'll admit first few times they did startle me especially after having the volume up listening to music and they over take my music.

@ Marabetha They are videos that come in the banners sometimes you just hear the sound but can't actually find the add itself, I think the ads depend on sites you visit so you probably wont get the same ads I apparently qualify for Home Depot ads over and over lol.

The problem is probably that they can't change this. You could try to configure an adblock to only block those ads. On the other side there is an offer to pay 2$ to never get ads again ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/supporter/? )....

I personally hate them too but i am lucky recently and none of them apperaed. Edited by Nickname863

In response to post #25915459. #25915859, #25923584, #25923614, #25938134, #25938849, #25940174, #25942564, #25944359 are all replies on the same post.

theninja801 wrote: I blame the communist for all the events that have happened hear.(reference wink wink)
thisaccountisuseless wrote: Here*
I was born in Russia while it was still the USSR, so...Offense taken. ;)
theninja801 wrote:
Embrace Democracy or you will be eradicated

> _.-'` _______ `\ | kakaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwww
> _,,..--'''``` `'-.\|
cjr >-'`` `' (that's the sound of freedom)
20nov99

theninja801 wrote: those lines are supposed to make an eagle (lets just pretend )
mattwoodmansee wrote: Lol.not all Russians are communists and all communists definitely aren't Russian. Man up.
HazrielTheLord wrote: #AmericanCommunistPolitics
Raum777 wrote: Geeze; I'm glad you said something. That is the worse eagle I have ever seen. Thanks for clearing that up. Nice one. LOL
ziggomatus wrote: Let's just agree that everyone hates communists :)
sommy125 wrote: Well except for communists, everyone hates commies (:

Nah not everyone hates commies. Let's just agree to stop talking about trollbait :P

@theninja801 Would never would have guessed that that was an eagle formatting hit you there i guess. :)

In response to post #26134324.

JayCrane wrote:

I haven't been able to download ANYTHING from this site since yesterday, it's very very annoying.

I have been able to download some files but it takes some time. Now, it just doesn't work at all.

It's crazy! I just reinstalled Skyrim and was eager to get some mods going, but now I'm stuck with vanilla and ahh it's just not good enough. Does anyone have any solutions or a time for when things will go back to normal?

In response to post #26024719. #26029329, #26050589, #26061929, #26085929 are all replies on the same post.

adammcbane wrote: @ coolnameswertakin I'll admit first few times they did startle me especially after having the volume up listening to music and they over take my music.

Nickname863 wrote: The problem is probably that they can't change this. You could try to configure an adblock to only block those ads. On the other side there is an offer to pay 2$ to never get ads again ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/supporter/? )....

I personally hate them too but i am lucky recently and none of them apperaed.

This is why they'll never take away ads or even try to make them less annoying. They WANT them to annoy you, if you don't like it pay the extortion fee... Uhm I mean charity, and you're off the hook...

In response to post #26024719. #26029329, #26050589, #26061929, #26085929, #26135404 are all replies on the same post.

Nickname863 wrote: The problem is probably that they can't change this. You could try to configure an adblock to only block those ads. On the other side there is an offer to pay 2$ to never get ads again ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/supporter/? )....

I personally hate them too but i am lucky recently and none of them apperaed.
Zathaghil wrote: This is why they'll never take away ads or even try to make them less annoying. They WANT them to annoy you, if you don't like it pay the extortion fee... Uhm I mean charity, and you're off the hook...

I have my browser's Flash plugin set to Ask For Permission. I did it to stop it from randomly crashing and freezing my browser, but it has the added perk of killing video ads off entirely.

To be honest though, I use Nexus so heavily it's probably worth just getting the cheapest Premium and killing them off for good. Might do that now.

started watching skyrim videos again and decided to download some old mods i had deleted back in the day. cannot get over 10 kb/s and the download stops saying error and then incomplete.

stuck at 0 kb/s and my internet is working perfectly.

*edited for more information*

Edited by blackcatx2