Thinking of upgrading CPU

I'm not familiar with i955x intel chipset or even your motherboard,,Im only testing kentsfield cpu (q6600) on i865 intel chipset (according to intel, this not supported for Core 2 Processor). Maximum FSB of i865 is 800MHZ, in theory doenst support Q6600 (which is 1066)..so i overclock to 1066, but need external VGA and DDR 400 cl 2.5..and working fine..

i only assume that your i955 is better than i865..from wiki and other forums, you motherboard doesnt support Core2 CPU but your FSB supporting FSB 1066. If you wish upgrade to q6600 you dont need to overclock...I'm sure thats working, if motherboard saying that dont know whats your CPU is, ignore it. thats no problem, and will be solved with flashing to new BIOS..

If you wish buy new motherboard as paxan said, buy P45 or P43 they are supported ICH10 and PCI EXpress 2.0 , all modern GPU use it.

Thanks. At this point it does seem like a better idea to buy a new mainboard. But since I'm in the army now, I think I'll buy a new one when I get home in the summer. And maybe a new gpu for Tes V.

Maybe you can afford a new computer, or maybe a gaming laptop so you can enjoy games in your free time. Take care of yourself and have fun in the army :)

my best wishes to you,

Paxan