yet another character question

DuckThor21

I'm playing a warrior for the first time in Oblivion. As a young man, he lived happily with his parents learning swordplay until one night a vampire in need of feeding snuck into their home. The vampire ended up having to slay his parents after they were aware of him and resisted. My character is awoken by the yelling and screaming and discovers his parents lying dead in a bloody mess with the vampire making a hasty retreat from the house. One of the patrolling night guards hears all the noise from the home and turns back to investigate and finds my character standing there mortified. The guard immediately assumes I am the one who committed the murder, using the the discarded bloody knife from the vampire as evidence.

Needless to say, my character has a great dislike for vampires, necromancers, and daedra, lumping them all into a group of beings that only bring harm to others. I'm playing him in the style of a paladin any only using Restoration outside of combat skills.

Actually mine is along the same lines as ninjagoddess. My first is a General of unequalled skill in combat. She left the long hidden castle of glimmerstone to find the missing heir to the throne and was imprisoned for trying to "Occupy" the Imperial City with her elite squad of soldiers. She then embarks on a quest to save Martin Septim and Leads her team of "Gate Hunters" all across Cyrodill. After the crisis abated she continued the search until she found the lost son of the emporer of glimmerstone, and has since been residing in skingrad pursuing alchemy.

My Second, and current Character was an archer in the Generals service and was arrested as well, but since suffering the cruel treatment from the guards in the prison, she immediately slaughtered the first guard she saw. She managed to clear the bounty on her head but refuses to go to jail and is now working for the dark brotherhood. She also takes the opportunity to kill any lone guard she comes across.(I have a reducing bounty mod otherwise it would be almost unplayable). As soon as I can figure out using custom races for CM partners I will tie her in to the original story as a gate-hunter but for now she is working with her limited funds to develop ever dealier poisons and methods of concealment.

I tend to not have deep stories for my characters, instead I try to establish a set of morals and attitude and a general personality. This way I can react to what the game throws at me. For instance, My archer is a generally good character, but revenge isn't out of her element and when the guards tried to arrest her for accidentally letting an arrow loose in the market (it truly was an accident) district she was out of options. she had no money to pay the fine, and refused to go to prison, so he had no choice but to fight her way out of the city. She found an old tent and was visited there by lucien. What else was she to do? She killed the old man, and the innkeeper, and the Imperial Forester, and the other witness.(it was kind of sloppy for a first kill) and now has the inn of ill omen all to herself. Now the only way to make enough money to clear her name is to work for the Dark Brotherhood. I find this much more fun than having a character who wakes up and says "I'm going to be soooo evil today", because no normal person thinks that way. Even serial killers think they are doing what's right at the time. I do plan on having some kind of redemption since the whole thing was started because I misclicked my mouse and shot a guard in the head while testing to see how fast my fatigue would go down with a drawn bow and I let the story unfold itself from there .