Fallout 3 crashing after 5/10 minutes of gameplay.

TheDovah

I have recently reinstalled FO3 and modded it. Carried out the usual fixes (multicore), merged and bashed patches and done as much as I can to ensure my game is stable enough. However, I am still receiving crashes and I have come across this thanks to "Event Viewer." If anyone can give some advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Faulting application name: Fallout3.exe, version: 1.7.0.3, time stamp: 0x4a40f18b
Faulting module name: Fallout3.exe, version: 1.7.0.3, time stamp: 0x4a40f18b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001878f8
Faulting process id: 0x1d14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0a51be14f5c58
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Fallout3.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Fallout3.exe
Report Id: 4de96a48-1114-11e5-ae07-b7edda73774a

I play Fallout 3 on win7 with fose and a lot of mods... it crashes now and then... as all games do these days.. but it is playable.. for hours at the time. IE: The Witcher 3 crashes far more then my Fallout 3 does.

I use the FO wanderers edition.. and like 75 other mods in my load order. none of which are merged..

Just a few idea's:

Try installing it on another drive then the C:/ drive.... i heard that its a bad idea to install it there. i play on my F:/ drive. which is an SSD drive.

Have you tried not only the multicore fix, but also the bigger then 2 GB mem fix ?...

Do you use the Unofficial FO 3 patch ? it fixes a lot of problems.

do you start FO3 through FoSE ?...

Have you let your load order be sorted by LOOT ?.

Do you use the stutter fix mod ?...

Use the auto save mod instead of FO3's own saving... deactivate all save options in FO 3.

FO 3 can be a pain to get working. it is notorious for its crashing. i fear every door in FO3. After all.. its a Bethesda game.. but it should be possible.. as my game proves.

I play Fallout 3 on win7 with fose and a lot of mods... it crashes now and then... as all games do these days.. but it is playable.. for hours at the time. IE: The Witcher 3 crashes far more then my Fallout 3 does.

I use the FO wanderers edition.. and like 75 other mods in my load order. none of which are merged..

Just a few idea's:

Try installing it on another drive then the C:/ drive.... i heard that its a bad idea to install it there. i play on my F:/ drive. which is an SSD drive.

Have you tried not only the multicore fix, but also the bigger then 2 GB mem fix ?...

Use the auto save mod instead of FO3's own saving... deactivate all save options in FO 3.

FO 3 can be a pain to get working. it is notorious for its crashing. i fear every door in FO3. After all.. its a Bethesda game.. but it should be possible.. as my game provesw

While I have some crash and Load Game issues in NV, ever since I installed the +2gb fix and adjusted the .ini files to throttle the cores, FO3 has been rock-steady for years, even while abusing the console for various reasons. I've read so many people having issues with the game and am sincerely grateful that I've had so many smooth adventures through the Wasteland.

Just a few idea's:

FO 3 can be a pain to get working. it is notorious for its crashing. i fear every door in FO3. After all.. its a Bethesda game.. but it should be possible.. as my game proves.

All these points were considered and done. I have the stutter remover, the unofficial patch also. I remembered I was using FOSE 1.3 and decided to go with the more "stable version." I havent been able to properly test it since then but I believe it will have fixed it.

good to hear.. played it today for a few hours, its one of the best wasteland games there is.. one can only hope FO4 comes even close to it...