map markers

viking99

Hi I am working on a new quest mod involving hunting. In this mod I want to use mainly map markers instead of target refs to point the direction. I have studied the tutorials and I know how to make target refs, and how to use personal map markers. I looked at some script and found out how to point to the mapmarkers and everything worked out fine.

now to the problem... I have managed to find only a few map marker names namely the bigger places like Sloan or Prim. I cannot find the mapmarker names of the smaller places/Caves etc. I have tried searching and also checked the wikia they had a list of places but the only ones that worked for me where once again the bigger towns.

Does anyone know how to find a list or how to find the names of the markers in the geck?

Viking99

In geck, in the object window, in the filter field, enter "mapmarker". This will bring you to the mapmarker object. Right click on this and one menu choice is "show use info". Select this. You "should" get a list of all the mapmarker instances. You can click on any one of these to go to that location. I don't believe there is a way to get that list into a textfile; in general there is no procedural access to this type of information. If you really need a list, it may be that there is some iterator in NVSE that you could use; somebody else would have to say more about that.