Request: Improve Equipment Spell; Smithing for Mages

thunderwolf86

perhaps a set of Alteration spells that can gradually improve your equipment as you level? i just like the idea of exploring new ways for smithing and enchanting to be used without going through the skill trees, it does kinda mess up immersion a bit when you're playing a mage and working the forge and vice verca with a warrion and enchanting. i think there are a couple mods that do something like that but if memory serves i think they're also out of date and possibly not useable anymore but not 100% sure.

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but there is a mod that lets you ask blacksmiths to temper your items for you instead of doing it yourself, which should make sense for players who have no interest in levelling their Smithing perks, or at least not until later on. It might be something to consider if you're into immersion. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51024/?

Just a suggestion for those who are looking for other ways to upgrade their gear without going into smithing themselves!

I'm glad it helped. :)

I recently found out that the Hedge Mage Armour has something similar to what you were looking for. You can cast a spell to fortify the armour's defence rating, but I'm not sure if it's limited to the light armour version. The unfortunate thing about it is it's for female characters only.